Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HDV-Camcorders, have to use another software* [*PD6 DOES CAPTURE HDV CONTENT - see the full posting]
Danilowitsch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 01:10 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I bought the Canon HV20 Hight Definition camcorder. HDV-camcorders are not well supported from Powerdirector 6. I hope, cyberlink will do something for the future. For the moment, I am working with the trial version of Sony's vegas movie studio 7. But I don't like this software very much. I think, HDV-camcorder users have to wait.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 09. 2007 05:41

Jester [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2007 08:43 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director 6.0 DOES recognize Hi Def camcorder. At least I have been successfully capturing video from my HV10. BUT I'm not capturing the sound for some reasons. See my post below.
Danilowitsch [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jester. My canon HV20 is correctly regocnized as HDV-device. But capturing HDV-content is not possible. I hope, cyberlink will do something. I installed the trial version of ULEAD video studio 11. Capturing of HDV-content functions perfectly.
Jester [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2007 08:43 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Daniel,

I just tried to play the HD mpg file, which I captured from my HV10 via Power Director 6.0, on another computer and it played fine so I'm inclining to think that there might be some codec problem w/ my powerDVD/WMP and in fact, the video capturing was perfectly fine.

One thing I do notice is that video capturing was NOT working well until I upped my RAM from 1GB to 2GB... Good luck!
Danilowitsch [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried again to capture HDV-content. This time I had success. I don't know why sometimes it funtions and sometimes not. First I did connect my camcorder to the computer. After that, I set the camcorder to play-mode. I started powerdirector 6 and I did use record-mode. The camcorder was correctly recognized as canon HV20 HDV-device. When I press "record" immediately on the user-interface, it doesen't function. But when I am pressing "play" first and then "record", it functions. And I got perfect results!