Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WILL THIS SYSTEM BE OK FOR POWER DIRECTOR 8 ?
JOHN NON TECHI [Avatar]
Newbie Location: S.WALES Joined: Nov 25, 2010 04:48 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am looking to replace my computer and wondered if the system would be OK for P.D.8 .
I have contacted CYBERLINK regarding this and they are of no help , referring me to their system requirement page.This gives me some insight but does not tell me as a non techi whether my set-up will be OK. It is almost as if they are afraid of being seen to endorse a particular product, this is not my intention , I just want to know if this set of items is going to work for me or will I need to change any item. Can anyone advise?

DELL XPS 8100 processor 870 ( 2.93 GHz. )

Windows 7 HomePremium 64bit

8GB Memory 4x2GB 1333 MHz DDR3 dual channel memory

1 GB ATI RADEON HD 5770 Graphics card

1.5 TB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive.

I intend to edit AVCHD content from a Sony TG3 Camera and will burn to DVD, but not Blue Ray discs.

Kind Regards John.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John,

From the looks of what you have shown, it looks like it would do the job. There are many members here using that graphic card and have reported good results.

I think that when this question has been asked in the forum in the past, often times it is suggested to purchase as much as you can afford. The more powerful each individual component is, the better your video editing experience can be.....usually!

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
JOHN NON TECHI [Avatar]
Newbie Location: S.WALES Joined: Nov 25, 2010 04:48 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Kevin for speedy reply. Regards John
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
No problem....I hope you enjoy your new system!

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.