Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 7 showing unwanted subtitles in LOTR Extended Editions
Houseknecht [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 25, 2006 22:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The extended editions of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy has a cool feature with the commentaries: when a different person is speaking, a subtitle pops up to identify who it is.

Now here is the problem: When I am trying to watch the movies in normal mode (Dolby or DTS), those silly subtitles keep popping up. I made sure the primary and secondary subtitles were disabled. I also tried disabling subtitles though the movie menu, but to no use. I can toggle the regular ones on and off, but the commentary subs keep showing up.

Am I missing a setting or something? I don't recall PowerDVD 6 having this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 05. 2006 22:40

White [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2006 19:38 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

It may be your dvd if it is a backup disc causing the problem.Sometime ago dvd-rb had a bug in it that made subtitles appear.The problem has been fixed. If you are using a backup maybe worth making another.