Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 9 & 10 ultra = choppy bluray playback
grishenko45 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2010 14:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
hey guys,

I bought PDVD 9 ultra for bluray playback - it worked fine for ages, then one day I put a bluray in and it wouldn't play back smoothly - all choppy with sound choppy too.

I have numerous "help" from customer support, and none of it has helped at all.

I then went and bought PDVD 10 ultra - and it's the same with that too!

ALL of my drivers are up to date - remember blurays were fine until recently - i've not changed anything on my PC at all.

My PC is more than capable of playing bluray discs - and DID do perfectly until a few weeks ago

have any of you had this issue and solved it?

thanks
grishenko45 [Avatar]
[Post New]
bump

someone must have had jittery playback and solved it....
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
as you do not post any info - there might be nobody to reply to your inquiry.

please check this thread first: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

please also try to describe the issue in more detail - is it jitter (random or periodically) / what refresh rates are used, what connections.......

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
grishenko45 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi,

it's all the time - even in the menus!

i'm using windows XP SP3 Pro 32bit, i'm connected via a DVI-D cable. All of my hardware (monitor, graphics card) are HDCP compatible.

there is never a smooth part of any bluray - it's a constant jittery and so is the sound.

I'm using 60Hz refresh rate - 1920*1200px

I've tried playing a bluray with my anti-virus off, internet connection off, every other process terminated - PDVD being the only thing running.

My PC is free of malware-spyware-adaware-virus' - i've done extensive scans to check it.

PDVD 9 ultra is a retail version purchases from scan.co.uk

i'm currently using nvidia driver 260.

only using 1 monitor - which is an LG HD hdcp compatible monitor - running @ 1920*1200 60Hz 2ms 50,000:1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2010 08:48

grishenko45 [Avatar]
[Post New]
i've just updated the bluray fireware to the lastest v2.0 and blurays are still unwatchable.......
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please contact our CS team about your issue

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
grishenko45 [Avatar]
[Post New]
i've already tried them and they don't have a clue - Pdvd is supposed to be the best bluray software on the market.....I HAD IT WORKING FINE and now everything I try won't work - i've tried to force different refresh rates on my monitor with no luck. Is the nvidia driver 260 compatible with Power DVD 9 and 10 Ultra?
[Post New]
Hi,

please make sure your audio drivers are up to date - please post your DXDIAG as attachement here.

Thanks and BR

Werde Facebook Fan
VIPER000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2020 01:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have found the issue with the choppy Blu Ray playback on power DVD.
The issue is with the enhancement options, this is located in your true theater enhancements and under the video tab.
Make sure to turn off software decoding with true theater enhancements and only use hardware acceleration.
After doing so, your blue Ray video should play back with all the fullness and Fidelity they were meant to.
I have tested lots of different company Blu Ray such as paramount and Disney and 20th Century Fox and Warner brothers and more.

All my Blu Ray now play great.

Hope this helped.

cool