Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with PIp Editor
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2007 07:11 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Every time I try to modify a Photo or Video in the PIP editor, it generates an Error message and closes the programme down.
I use an amd 3000X Prosessor and have updated my graphics card and installed directx 9c. Re-installed the programme more times than I can remember and I still can't get it to work.
Please help as I'm going mad!!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark,
You need to provide details to Tech Support.

State what build version of PD6 you are using (look in Help/About).

They'll ask you for full PC data and system information - you might have a software clash.

Create a DxDiagnostic file.

Start/run/
Type in DXDiag, click OK
Save the data as a txt file.

You could attach it to your posting.

I'll point out the obvious..... a lot of problems are "self-inflicted" and can be corrected by changing one's system* or removing a clashing software.
I would encourage you to look and investigate - it is a learning curve to gain confidence.

* the problem is localised to your system.... it isn't happening to everyone...which....

Okay...what's the graphic card and what version of the drivers did you install? when did you carry this action out?

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 22. 2007 08:54

Mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mr Bevan
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have finally tried everything to get the pip modify function to work and have now given up. I took your advise and did a Diagnostic check and everything was ok.
I have Direct X 9c drivers, a nvidia 7600 gs graphics card. An aMd Athlon XP3000+ 2.2ghz processor. 1024 ram.
All the requirements that should see this programme run smoothly. I've had all the XP updates run on it, service pack 2, spywear removed. The machine it totally clean. I was even going to get vista put in, but I don't think it will make any differance.
I'm now in the process of getting my money back from cyberlink. I'm not a happy man.
The only reason I went for this system was the PIP editor and it doesn't work.
By the way, I've been through Cyberlink support so many times, we will be exchanging xmas cards. They can't fathom it either.
I know you say it's not happening to everyone. But it is happening to me and after shelling out £70 for a programme I expect it to work .
Thank for your help anyway. Ulead here I come...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Mark,

I have sent you a PM - please reply to it.

I'd have liked you to have posted the DXDiagnostic file - so I could have seen it and got someone at CL to take a look.

What build version are you using of PD6 - look in Help/About.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Mark,

I got the replies etc. I'll get back to you asap.

Dafydd
Giuliano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Naples, Italy Joined: May 24, 2007 17:02 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
ok same problem here with demo version...
error with pinpdesignerdost.dll and crash
strangely my config is 7600gs on amd xp2500+ nforce2 (very close to mark's one)
i'm logging registry calls with regmon and about to post error results

even if something recalls drivers error /incompatibility/ bad function call with hardware
ps i tried adding as new copy of xpsp2 and installed pd6... same error on absolutely clean os
ps2 i've been trying uninstalling video drivers and disabling 3d acceleration within dxdiag, and downgrading nforce2 drivers with no success
i'm wondering if this issue is related to italian localization of my os

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at May 25. 2007 04:20

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Thanks for the input.

Mark has a "part" solution but RD in CyberLink are looking for a complete solution. Your input will help. I'll post when I know more.

OS localisation ----- well that isn't the case for Mark...he's in the same country as I am

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2007 04:21

Giuliano [Avatar]
[Post New]
ty if u need someting or more infos just ask
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Gi,

Thanks for the offer. I've PM'd you with a request.

Dafydd
Kishan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2007 14:04 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
hi i have problems with the pip editor it crashes on me to when i click on the pip editor please some help me
Giuliano [Avatar]
[Post New]
it looks like they are working on this issue why don't you post your pc configuration?
Kishan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2007 14:04 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
i have atached a dxdiag texts please help as soon as they get the issues worked please tell me please
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
My computer specs
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
There should be a zip download available on CL's site asap - I know Mark has PiP working.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi all,
The PiP patch is available.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html

Dafydd
Mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to the guys at CL. I've now recived a new build PD6 and a fix module and all is working well. I feel like a father waiting for his wife to give birth! but it's been worth it.
thanks to Dafydd who was a huge help in this matter.