Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blurays not playing in Power DVD
[Post New]
I have an LG bluray burner. I am no longer able to play any blurays on it using Power DVD8 Version 8.0.3228f.50 Is there a fix?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

please contact our CS team for technical assitance.

I guess ther is an issue on your platform - as the playback worked previously

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
CraigFrustrated [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2010 20:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Mine too. Suddenly, after 6 months, it has a problem with the driver?

What gives? Why does Cyberlink post an update that kills a previously working version? Not happy.
[Post New]
Craig, I have been working with the support tech at Cyberlink (in India, lol) for over a week now. Working with a language barrier doesn't help the situation.
At this point I am working with a trial upgrade to Power DVD 10 that will play DVDs but not Blurays. The one consistant thing that I get is "unsupported file format in drive B".
I would suggest you go to your video card's manufacturer website and download the latest drivers. Go from there.

Good luck.
CraigFrustrated [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2010 20:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I did that, with great trepidation, I might add. It seems to have fixed the issue but I'm not totally sold on the process.

I don't know what changed, but I'm irritated that it was necessary to do so in the first place. There's nothing except PowerDVD that changed on the system from a previously well working system.

Thanks for some insight. The real pisser about all this? The Cyberlink software is the best stuff I've ever seen for playback once it's working.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

please do not map your BD drive to drive letter a: or b: this is not supported by PowerDVD

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Thanks for the advice Michael, however there was a time that it did work in drive B. The only change I made after that was installing my old dvd/cd player into the new computer. The old dvd/cd player is assigned as G drive. I believe it is also a"slave" to B. My biggest skepticism is that the blurays USED to play but now they don't.
cleavers1066 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2010 09:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have several tickets about this having bought PowerDVD10 Ultra, none of the solutions from Cyberlink work, I also had BluRays that did work previously in version PowerDVD DX (a Dell included version), but they stopped, so I decided to upgrade, and having spent £150 pounds on BluRays, and now £80 on software, they do not work.

I'm not getting anywhere with Cyberlink, and would recommend at the moment that if you use windows7 you do not purchase the product.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2010 11:37

cleavers1066 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2010 09:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I personally think its a windows 7 issue, and not necessarily Cyberlink, but this should be checked out before offering a new software version.

My feeling is that a windows update has caused this, but that is no help to the customer.
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the advice Michael, however there was a time that it did work in drive B. The only change I made after that was installing my old dvd/cd player into the new computer. The old dvd/cd player is assigned as G drive. I believe it is also a"slave" to B. My biggest skepticism is that the blurays USED to play but now they don't.

Hi,

did you try to change the drive letter?

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Quote: I have several tickets about this having bought PowerDVD10 Ultra, none of the solutions from Cyberlink work, I also had BluRays that did work previously in version PowerDVD DX (a Dell included version), but they stopped, so I decided to upgrade, and having spent £150 pounds on BluRays, and now £80 on software, they do not work.

I'm not getting anywhere with Cyberlink, and would recommend at the moment that if you use windows7 you do not purchase the product.

Hi,

you may open another (new) thread as these are independent symptoms.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Michael, I am working with a trial version of Power DVD 10. I did change the drive letter and now I don't have the "unsupported format" popping up! Now the bluray loads and I get (code = 0110) error. It has something to do with HDPC, I think. It says I need to switch to an analog display device (VGA D-sub). My computer changed the display to Win 7 Basic colors. What does all this mean and how do I fix it? Any ideas?
[Post New]
Hi,

you may need to check with our BD Advisor if the system shows any problem there.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9795.page

maybe VGA driver has some issue?

please also post an DXDIAG log file as attachment - sometimes it can help to identify issues

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
david [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2010 21:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
It cant just be a windows 7 issue as my Acer came equipped with windows 7 and Acer deluxe and the supplied demo disc, straight out of the box, froze as soon as it got past the main menu with a lovely stutter rap and black screen, combined with a non functional keyboard! BUT my Blu Ray disc, V for Vendeta that i own plays fine! When i rent Blu rays it is apparent that we are not alone as the manager at my local store now just hands me a dvd copy when she sees me at the counter approx 50% dont play!
[Post New]
Hi David,

can you pleae post the Version and SR Number of Arcade Software you are using and causing trouble?

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
PROBLEM FIXED - The other "unsupported format" issue 0110 code was because I didn't have a HDCP compatible monitor. I went with the Samsung PX2370 MONITOR. Everything works fine now!