Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Front end graph error message - EDITED TITLE
SisterSunnShine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 05:00 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Somebody please HELP! I am stuck in an endless loop of no customer support! I keep getting the error message of the dreaded and have been getting everything but the correct answer from cyberlink's customer service tech support people. Every fix they've given me doesn't work. It is soooo frustrating. Once long ago someone told me something about a .dll in the program files that needed fixing and it seemed to work. I had this fixed once and when I had to replace my hard drive and reload my system this irritating problem reappeared! and now I cannot for the life of me remember how I fixed it. Can anyone figure this out? Also it has been suggested that it could be a "registry issue" but I have no idea how to "fix" a registry problem. anyone? Because cyberlinks customer service people honestly do not speak english well and I'm not sure they understand me when I speak and the fixes they give me seem to be from a book and they are not working! Thanks in advance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2010 09:51

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Most likely, a re-install of PowerDirector and update to the latest build will fix your error.

Re-install may mean remove PD, clean the registry, then install Powerdirector and Quicktime.

It would not hurt to delete your Temp files also. check properties of your C drive, then click disk cleanup on the general tab.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2010 09:46

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The title of this thread has been edited to reflect the content of the post.

Make sure the SUBJECT TITLE of the thread reflects the content of the post.

All posts are treated the same here no matter how urgent or demanding a title is. Using the word "help" is both boring to read and fails to assist members who search out issues and answers.

NOTE: The item in this post has been answered previously. Use the search function.

Dafydd
SisterSunnShine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 05:00 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
actually it hasn't been answered that is why I posted the question again. I wish I could get it solved! It is so very very frustrating.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Actually, you haven't given us any worthwhile information other than the error message and a moan about support. I didn't see a thank you to Carl for trying to assist you!

Perhaps you should take the time to read a guide before giving a further reply. Members are giving up their time to assist here.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7979.page
Part A, B, F or E and provide a video sample or two as an attachment here.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2010 12:04

[Post New]
I had a similar error and even though I had been working fine for a while, if I clicked on my effects or particles they could not find the source files, but they were there. You might test that. They previewed ok, but when I went to burn got a similar msg. I finally reinstalled, make sure you install Quicktime. That still didn't fix me, it wasn't until I reapplied the latest patch did it fix it.

It also might indicate a broken codex or missing one or lack of memory to process an effect. The fact that it says Media Source Error, points to either the input file and PD's recognizing it properly. The source may not be your video, but could be a particle/effect/title/menu. Knowing how far into the video it stopped can give a clue. First 21% is often menu generation. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Velocity Micro
Intel Core 2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz
RAM 6GB
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS v258.96
ViewSonic VX2255wm-4 dual extended display
K-Lite 32bit & 64bit
1680x1050
Windows 7 Basic background no Aero
Hitachi 400gb system dr