Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with PD8
Tohellnbak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2010 13:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys.. first time poster here.. know a little bit about PCs and such but new to editing software.. these are my specs...

Gateway LX6200-1 PC
AMD Phenom Quad 2.2Ghz
8G Ram
64 Bit Vista
ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics card

My files are recorded from gaming console to PC using:

Avermedia HD DVR PCIe card

Recorded file types are:

Mpeg-2
1280 X 720 (video quality set at 20,000)
60 FPS
16:9 ratio

This is my situation....

Ill open PD8 and choose file... seems like anything larger than say 150 MB does not load fully... smaller files will show up on clipboard with a scene shot.... these files have a generic Mpeg shot and say "file shadow:generating"... anyways...
after sometime they will load.. I can multi-trim but during preview "movie" once it gets to the next clip, the video freezes but the audio plays fine....Sometimes they wont even load...no problem at all as long as clip is small in file size...

Im guessing it is a RAM problem, correct?

One problem though but this concerns another editor I have installed.... SV9.. they load perfectly there and play fine with some speed issues (vid too fast, but thats another thread and another website, sorry for bringing that up but it might be relevant )

Any ideas???

I dont mind doing lesser quality recordings and editing but I tend to be a perfectionist when Im doing something...

Thanks for your time...

~ HeLL

If I load a lower resolution file, say 720 X 480, Im able to load a file as large as 2Gs with no problem

also, whats the best settings for youtube posting? If & when I can get a clip set and ready to go... the youtube direct post seems to work the best... but does have some slight lag and jittering
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tohellnbak,

I have some ideas...but I wanted to know first if you are able to capture at any different settings?

The two parameters I was interested in knowing if you have other options are the Frame rate....currently at 60fps....can you capture at 30fps? It might be helpful if you can.

The other parameter is the 20,000....is that the bitrate? It sounds like it is. If you have options to capture at a lower bit rate you may have better success in playing back quicker and smoother...that is a lot of information per second for your PC to handle and decode quickly. My HD camera shoots with a bitrate of 17,000....so my first reaction was if 20,000 was the bitrate (for capturing) seemed a bit too high. Do you have any alternate settings to choose from?

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Tohellnbak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kev,

Problem is with the Avermedia, it is a sort of stand alone and you really need to use their capture software... I can capture using PD but only comes in Standard 4:3 (kind of cheats the system believing it is coming from an S-vid cable)...and the Aver it has limited options for capturing.... The quality I do believe is the bitrate... it is adjustable from 1-40000 on that resolution size....

So you think it just may be a setting problem rather than a ram?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Tohellnbak

You might try turning off your shadow files.

Director's chair > Edit > Preferences or Alt+C.
On the General Tab, uncheck Enable file processing...

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Tohellnbak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just want to update...

Carl, what you suggested helped... but I went to try another capture program other than the Avermedia and decided to try VHcapture..... it didnt work but it change the recoded files from Avermedia to a .VH file and they work perfectly now... I can still record with the quality at 20,000, some lag but deal-able. The small hang ups when loading are worth the quality in my opinion...

thanks for the help....