Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The File Format Is Invalid (When Trying To Add Movie To Burn To Dvd)
blackstormraven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2010 01:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I'm looking for a reliable software to burn dvd movies with (keep getting lots of 'pauses' on playback of Nero burnt dvds!!).
When i add a movie file to burn with Power2Go 7 Trial Version, it comes up with the message... The File Format Is Invalid.
Ray21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2010 14:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I have the same problem, the error message is:

'The selected directory is not a valid DVD folder. Please select a valid DVD folder.'

The only files in my source folder are BUP/IFO and VOB's.
I have Power2Go 6 and my OS is Windows7

Any help greatly appreciated!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Blackstorm,

What is the format for the file you are trying to burn? More information would be helpful.

Dave
Ray21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2010 14:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
If it's any help my problem is solved! The source files were in a folder called VTS - I changed it to VIDEO_TS and can now burn problem free.....
blackstormraven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi!

Thank you for your replies!
The files i am trying to burn are avi ones.
Does 'that' help any...?
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The files i am trying to burn are avi ones.
Does 'that' help any...?

Can you upload the avi file codec information?. You can download a nice free media files codec extractor called GSpot from media file from http://gspot.headbands.com and upload your result.

Regards,
Nicolas
blackstormraven [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've downloaded both GSpot and DvdFlick, but still unable to burn...

DvdFlick wouldn't recognise the film files.
I also downloaded the burning software from Xilisoft, but all it would burn when i loaded the avi film files were unplayable film 'data' discs...
Barbara A. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2016 12:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with a file I produced with Photo Director 7 it says invalid file format for both the mp4 and the wmv formats.
Barbara A. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2016 12:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with a file I produced with Photo Director 7 it says invalid file format for both the mp4 and the wmv formats.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am having the same problem with a file I produced with Photo Director 7 it says invalid file format for both the mp4 and the wmv formats.

What kind of file did you produce from PhotoDirector? Were you making a slide show? How long is the slide show? If you don't want crummy display, then only put one hour of a video file on a single layer disc.

My guess is that you are using the default resolution when selecting the output format. Since you are making a standard DVD. select 720 by 480 (US). Boith the mp4 file and the wmv files will be reencoded to mpg2 (VOB) when burned to a disc.

If you were doing a blu ray, then you could use a higher definition but that is a different discussion.

By the way, I just tried a test project with only about 20 photos, Selected 720 by 480 (US) saved it to my desktop and then opened Power2Go, selected Video DVD and then dragged that file into the windows. I did not get any warnings or other.

BY the way, a good practice is to start your own thread rather than to add to one that is 6 years old. A lot of things have changed in those years. Also a respnse to a threadjacked posting can confuse the original poster and the new poster (though not in 6 year old threads). Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 30. 2016 07:50

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.