Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uploading to Youtube directly with PowerDirector 8
gester [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2010 07:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Youtube has lifted the limit from 10, to 15 minutes now. Is there a patch or some way to change to time limit within the Powerdirector software when the limit is over 10?
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Check out this thread.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12715.page#59796

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
gester [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2010 07:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Wow! that was quick. and I did try using the search to no avail.

Thank you!!!
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector says the limit is 10 minutes, but has anyone actually ever tried it that way, as I repeatedly see these messages. Maybe a 15 minute video WILL upload. Somehow I can't see how PD would stop the upload after 10 mins.

Personally I find it's better to save the best quality file you can to your drive, and then upload it to YouTube via the site. It's so much simpler, you can do a quality check first on the saved file, and if something does go wrong you'll know exactly where it happened Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Personally, I generally follow that procedure too, Trevor.

In PD, the standard 16x9 YouTube profiles are:
YouTube_16_9 HD Quality............. 1280x720 @ 1500Kbps
YouTube_16_9 High Quality.......... 640X360 @ 800bps
YouTube_16_9 Standard Quality... 320x180 @ 500bps

These are WMV profiles & can be customised - http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots?feature=mhum#p/u/17/vw2RlzIt9EM

They're stored with the other WMV profiles in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Language\Enu\Profiles

Using the customising process & Adrian's registry modifications, any limitations can be overcome.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
richw23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2011 11:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to PowerDirector - I'm trying to edit profiles in PowerDirector 9 but it seems the downloades to edit prx files no longer work and browsing around the web doesn't seem to help. Microsoft seems not to know what .PRX files are (?). Can anyone help. Thanks in advance.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
You need the MS Windows Media Encoder. The older WM9 has been superseded but try this link - it may still be available.

EDIT
Sorry Slight domestic crisis, when I returned I just posted - short term memory and all that

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Windows_Media_Encoder

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2011 16:32

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
richw23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2011 11:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the quick response. You didn't include the link, but I did go out and search for MS Windows Media Encoder and ended up at Expression Blend 4 Studio. I already have that but I did download and install Expression Encoder 4 Pro from that link, which apparently just added a DLL for screen capture.

Sorry for being so obtuse. When I tried to find a program that reconginzes the .PRX extension Microsoft claims ignorance and web searches don't do much better. If the capability is buried in Expression somewhere I'd expect it to claim ownership, but I'm definitely open to correction.

I tried some cut and paste into new .prx files to fake out PowerDirector but so far no luck.

All I want to do is to be able to get the equivalent to the YouTube_4_3 HD Quality (960x720) profile, which doesn't seem to exist in those supplied.

Thanks again for your help so far and in advance for any additional advice.

Best,
Richard