Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVE - Digital Video Essentials HD DVD errors
Corey [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 09, 2007 15:50 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone experience navigation and playback problems with the HD DVD DVE - Digital Video Essentials disk?

Seems there's or was a Xbox 360 dashboard fix released.

Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2007 17:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yes... I had major navigation problems. I don't think I could get anything to play using the menus.
pRot3us [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 16, 2007 14:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same here, navigation doesn't work properly on the calibration menus .pRot3us.
Corey [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey some good news....

In response to your concern, we want to inform you that PowerDVD Ultra software has been found to have some playback issues with some specific HD DVD Titles.

The Digital Video Essentials disc is also one of these specific discs.

We had escalated this issue to our R & D Department and they are expected to release a patch within 2 weeks to resolve this issue.

Therefore, we suggest you to keep visiting our website for any further updates on the availability of this specific patch.
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
How about install the 2911 patch.
Probably this patch will fix your problem.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_397_112_ENU.html
Corey [Avatar]
[Post New]
highly doubt it, patch was out far before support came back with their answer. If it did fix the issue why didn't they say download the patch etc...? The listed fixes for the most recent patch indicates only new support for x2000 ATI and NVidia card support, no HD DVD or Blu-Ray fixes.

However I will try it and post another reply whether it did or did not fix my issue.
Corey [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm pleasantly suprised to report that the 2911 did in fact fix the issues with the DVE disk.

Good times...

Corey [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have migrated to WinDVD9, no issue registering, no problems with HD DVD / Blu Ray support. Great product and stable.

Cyberlink is a sub par product and it's a shame that after two years now since 7.x Ultra people are still beta testing their products.