Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD7 crashes when playing files from Hard Disk
Fandango [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2006 08:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've been creating DVD's of my Uni film projects and using Power DVD to preview the outputted files on my hard disk for quality control. Recently upgraded to PowerDVD 7 and it crashes everytime I try to open a file from hard disk. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing to different folder but still doesn't work. Its incredibly frustrating as I rate PowerDVD as the best amongst all software players but can't use it.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Karlos
White [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2006 19:38 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

Not sure if I can help but what type of file are you trying to play? Eg: DivX , Mpeg 2 or 4 or ISO etc.
Elias [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2006 04:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Fandango,
I use PowerDVD7 for the same function and it never crashed like this. I think U have to looking for a problem in DVD Authoring software or in files themselves. What kind of DVD Authoring soft U used to? Did U try to preview the original DVD grabbed to HDD?
ZazaBB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2006 09:46 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Is it giving you an error message? If so, what message? I am having a similar problem with browsing files on a UPnP server that sounds suspiciously like your problem. Look over my UPnP post here and see if it sounds familiar.