Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot modify menu template
Rolfe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 31, 2009 05:06 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to use menu Template 6, but modify it. I see from the forum that others can do this, but I cannot.

When I click Template 6 a dialog box pops up that has these buttons:

Apply to All Pages
Modify
Apply
Cancel

I assume I need the Modify button, but it is grayed out. The only templates with a Modify available are 2, 5, 7 and 9.

What am I missing? Thanks.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13102.page
Rolfe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I hadn't been able to find that answer using Search.

Disappointing. And odd, since the little preview dialog shows in the Root Menu little boxes with "0001", "0002", etc. in them.

All I really wanted to do was get rid of the Root Menu clip altogether (the little elephant fish clip). Anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rolfe -

Yes - there's a way to get rid of the elephant clip... but, unless you replace it with a different background, the main part of the screen will be black.

Here's what to do:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus\Balloon which contains all the data for that menu template.

Duplicate (copy/paste) the whole Balloon folder to your desktop, so you retain an "original" version.

Inside that folder, at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus\Balloon, you'll see some others. Open the Layer Template folder, then LayerTemplate1 & delete the two .wmv files.

Now open the TemplateThumb folder and do the same - delete the .wmv files.

Later - when you're done, you can delete that whole modified) Balloon folder & replace it with the copy you left on your desktop.

BUT

If it were me, I'd start a new menu from scratch & use whatever graphics you want (you can copy and paste graphics from those folders if you like).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You can modify the xml script and include a different wmv so long as you create the correct type of wmv and it'll loop.

I'm not sure I want to explain xml editing here.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2010 04:45

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd -

I'm relieved! It'd be way over my head anyway! Different strokes.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Rolfe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to both of you. I'll do some experimenting.