Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble with videos from go pro hero hd can not upload to you tube full hd soooo frustrating
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Well good luck on your journey Timon as I also said, editing and easy in relation to HD video is not yet at that stage with consumer editing programs.

I personally think PowerDirector is about the easiest of the consumer editing programs out there at the moment. You may find WMM easier to use but as you are finding out it is very restricted in what you can actually do with it. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have a GoPro HD yet but I am looking at getting one for my hang gliding.

I'm jealous. I would love to try that some day.

I produce my GoPro video down to 480p for YouTube and use full HD on the disc, but I would agree that it seems better to upload directly at your YouTube channel. Now, where does the process break down for you? Can you not get the video produced, or is the trouble in finding a video profile that will upload? I have produced to MPEG 2 HD and then used a video to flash converter at a high bitrate. That creates a quality video at a much smaller size and uploads easily. It also depends on the length of your videos. Mine are generally 5 to 6 minutes, so full HD is several hundred MB. not sure if size is an issue for you. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Timon Gasowski [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2010 20:44 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
break threw had to disable admin stuff on vista created a new profile *WMV and am uploading to you tube I will share some and see what you all think in a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
As a side note, the early releases of PD 8 would barely edit GoPro video without constantly crashing. The latest releases work much better. I now use the video in almost everything I produce. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
I don't have a GoPro HD yet but I am looking at getting one for my hang gliding.

I'm jealous. I would love to try that some day.

I produce my GoPro video down to 480p for YouTube and use full HD on the disc, but I would agree that it seems better to upload directly at your YouTube channel. Now, where does the process break down for you? Can you not get the video produced, or is the trouble in finding a video profile that will upload? I have produced to MPEG 2 HD and then used a video to flash converter at a high bitrate. That creates a quality video at a much smaller size and uploads easily. It also depends on the length of your videos. Mine are generally 5 to 6 minutes, so full HD is several hundred MB. not sure if size is an issue for you.

Hi Jamie,

It took me over 50 years to get to fly, so there is still time for you mate.

Cheers

Robert S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Timon Gasowski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is a question 2 settings on the go pro are both wide angle 720p but one is 60fps the other 30 can you mix and match footage together in a video and utilize the 60fps for super HD slow motion? Do I need to create a custom profile for that also
or just do a HD profile at 60fpsf fro the whole video?
Robert2 S
[Post New]
As far as I know you can mix and match frames and resolution on the timeline, but you will only have the option of producing/rendering at a max of 30 frames/sec in your saved video.

I have produced some pretty good results just using PD to slow down my 25 frames/sec Pal video as long as I don't go below .25%. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Timon Gasowski [Avatar]
[Post New]
here a good one my new HD .WMV test profile is 1920X1080 and it produces a file that is slightly smaller 1920X1072 and you tube downs it to 720 oh man I thought I had this licked! but when I convert myself and upload I get full 1080 UGH!! but that is just a clip by itself!
Timon Gasowski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well that sucks camera dose killer vid for slo mo but I can not use it!!!!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure what the problem is with your WMV profiles - I've not seen that before. Why not post the details? Members may be able to observe inconsistencies.

Attached are some Full HD profiles I made (zipped). See if they work for you. For me, they've never produced any video file that is not in line with the profile applied.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
FullHD_Profiles.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
393 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Timon,

You can use the slow motion stuff you just have to work out how to work around the limitations for the home consumer.

You do know that you are on the bleeding edge of video technology for the average man in the street. Man 5 years ago I was happy if I could shoot 640X480 video on my digital camera now everyone is shooting in HD and wants to produce the same quality as the movie makers who use $100,000 cameras with their $300 point and shoots. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
James Dotson
[Post New]
Did you wait long enough for YouTube? The HD videos take longer to process and will show up later, as they become available. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Timon Gasowski [Avatar]
[Post New]
ynotfish

ok you came threw big, now after some serious hair loss I have the new profiles in place and d di din ding ding ding ding it flipin works http://youtu.be/ido4GYJ1SJo?hd=1
A pre lem thank you to everyone!
Timon Gasowski [Avatar]
[Post New]
BTW ynotfish do you fish?
Timon Gasowski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Robert you are right about that, give it 2 more years and I think we will all be shocked, BTW i was going to buy a real nice Sony HD camcorder about 3 years ago, when I read the reviews about editing Full HD, I got spooked and backed out! That was one of my wiser choices on a purchase! when I get my footage I will share, I have a degree in photo from ASU, want to talk about change!!!! I was all about the gel silver dark room stuff!