Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
v6: no audio on DVD
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2010 16:13 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Burned a real nice (EP) DVD w/ 4 "episodes" complete with thumbnails and pretty background (for my fiancee and title text ... and it plays just fine on my brand new Panasonic DVD player.
Just no audio on it.
In fact, none on my computer's dvd player either.
It's seems a common problem for years if you Google it, lol, but a million various *possible* answers. I would like to think that the software people would know the correct answer
Burner is the Asus external slim DVD-RW, which this software came with.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark,

My guess is because you got it with your ASUS burner, it is an OEM version, and not the full version.

The OEM versions usually do not support videos with Dolby sound, which would explain the lack of audio. Do the video files you have use Dolby sound?

You can check the readme (select Help > Readme) that came with the program, and find out the exact version you have by selecting Help > About Power2Go. My guess is you have the LE version, not the Deluxe.

Thanks
Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2010 01:52

Mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dave,
I paid the $30 to upgrade so I can burn DVDs.
I do not know how to check what audio is "in" the file, this is my first time doing this.
The ReadMe offers NO concrete instructions at all.
There are 2 audio choices on the Configuration menu with the software: LPCM and Dolby Digital. LPCM was checked by default.
??...
Tx
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

OK...then I am not positive either. Might be a silly question, but did you try burning again with Dolby selected as well. Where did you get the video files from? If ripped from a DVD, then probably Dolby of some kind.

Power2Go is not really known for its DVD-Video disc creation, so I don't think the settings can be changed a lot.

Dave
Mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yep, Dave, ripped from DVD, so tried Dolby, but no love there either...
Jets2011
[Post New]
OK...no idea.

On a some what related note. When did you purchase the upgrade to the full version of Power2Go 6? I ask because Power2Go 7 came out today, and if you purchased the previous version within 30 days you can get a free upgrade.

The video disc burning engine has been totally revamped it looks like. Not sure if that would solve the problem, but I thought I would tell you about the possible upgrade:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/power2go/overview_en_US.html?utm_source=MainBanner&utm_medium=MainBanner_7776_P2go7US&utm_campaign=Homepage

Dave
Mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, good info ... we'll see...
Mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: OK...no idea.

On a some what related note. When did you purchase the upgrade to the full version of Power2Go 6? I ask because Power2Go 7 came out today, and if you purchased the previous version within 30 days you can get a free upgrade.

The video disc burning engine has been totally revamped it looks like. Not sure if that would solve the problem, but I thought I would tell you about the possible upgrade:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/power2go/overview_en_US.html?utm_source=MainBanner&utm_medium=MainBanner_7776_P2go7US&utm_campaign=Homepage

Dave

Hey Dave, mind telling me how to get this free upgrade, cuz I don't see any option for that after clicking thru the link you sent. If you click upgrade, add to cart, etc you get v7 for $29.71, not free??
Jets2011
[Post New]
Hi,
You have to contact the Digital River customer support or CyberLink customer support with all of your order information included in the email.

Make sure that it was less than 30 days ago that you bought the upgrade though.

Dave