Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Sound For Some Files From PowerDVD 10 MkII v10.0.1830
Bannon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2009 20:07 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased PowerDVD 10 and need your help. Some media files, including Blu-ray DVDs play just fine. However, there are an equal number of files where the video plays but there is no audio whatsoever through my speakers or headphones. These same files play fine through Windows Media Player. This is a standalone PC (i.e., not an HTPC) and my speakers are attached to the Creative Labs X-Fi card through the black, green, and yellow cables. Also, the results are the same in and out of Cinema Mode. I've attached MediaInfo images for a file that works and one that doesn't. I've also included the corresponding PowerDVD information. The ATI High Definition Audio Device is turned off in Device Manager. I hope one of you folks have a solution. Thanks in advance for your help.

My system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Intel i7-980X; 6GB memory; Radeon 5870 video card; Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality sound card.
 Filename
PowerDVD Information Not Working.txt
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDVD information for the file without audio
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
326 time(s)
[Thumb - MediaInfo.jpg]
 Filename
MediaInfo.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
MediaInfo for both files
 Filesize
191 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
191 time(s)
 Filename
PowerDVD Information Working.txt
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDVD information for the working file
 Filesize
542 bytes
 Downloaded:
293 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2010 10:31

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bannon,

is there any possibility to share these files - we may need to check it with the original files

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Bannon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2009 20:07 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have a private location for uploads?