Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow
LARS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2010 16:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I am trying to produce a slideshow consisting of short video clips ( 10 seconds ) mixed with photos.
Transferring to Powerpoint doesn't work well. Has anyone any tips?

Lars

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2010 16:14

MikeB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: May 17, 2009 23:05 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lars,

What exaclty do you mean by 'Transfering to Powerpoint doesn't work well'?

Are you trying to make the entire video into a Powerpoint Slideshow?
Or are you just trying to play the video inside of a Powerepoint presentation?

Mike
LARS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2010 16:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am trying to do like a Powerpoint slideshow as a presentation. Will use videoclips from my HD video camera and also photos. One can import videoclips into Powerpoint but just MPEG and I lose all the good quality of the HD when doing that.
Also the whole programme is very slow.

Any ideas? Or if there is another slideshow programme better suited for this task?
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Lars

Making a PowerPoint type presentation is quite simple in PD, but, you will not be able to run it like a presentation. It will only run as a video file. In PowerPoint you can have the individual slides appear on a mouse click, then advance with each subsiquent mouse click. This will not be possible in PD.

In PD you can mix the still shots and the video any way you choose on the time line and/or PIP track(s), adjust the duration of the stills to suit your needs, add the effects/transitions, titles etc you desire. But, you are going to end up with a video that will run from start to finish.

If you need a PowerPoint presentation you will have to build it in PowerPoint and live with the quality that it produces.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Depending on the version of PP you can use other formats for video, but you don't need to lose too much quality if you choose the right format/profile.

.wmv is often preferred as the native WMP is often used by PP as far as I know. Key issues are aspect ratio if the video has to sit in the standard PP slide and "portability" as the video files need to be kept with the PP files (depending on end use)

I have just incorporated a 20 min 720p mpg video into the middle of an induction programme, set to play full screen on a 42" HD TV with no problems. It is held on a USB stick for portability but occaisionally (depending on the PC/laptop being used) the PP video slide needs "re-setting" - it seems to lose track of where the video file lives.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.