Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Concurrent user sessions are not supported..
Iaintevenmad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2010 12:49 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
What the hell does this mean?
It appears when I try to open Cyberlink powerdirector. I need to upload a video onto youtube.
Please help, kinds regards.
Chris.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2010 20:01

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: What the hell does this mean?
It appears when I try to open Cyberlink powerdirector.

That means that you have click in another shortcut or have a big mistake or have a great virus
Iaintevenmad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2010 12:49 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think you know what your talking about.
Virus?
lol

Can someone who knows what they're on about reply please?
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, but what is the game or background image you have there?.... Its nothing to do with PD.
I just say Virus becouse if you have opens PD and thats the windows your have is like to be in Jupiter virus counter my friend. Dont be mad!
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Maybe you forget to close your game before copy the screen while your was working with PD... Be cool
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
That error message could also mean that for some reason you tried to open Powerdirector twice.

That would happen if you clicked on the Powerdirector shortcut more than once. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Carl312 , You are always in the right place in PD8. I just see the funny game on the background image and really havent take care of the PD8 message. You are right.

By the way Chris, what is the game in the background image? of course its not a virus. Virus just was a funny way to describe your PD error message over a funny game image. Maybe you have forget that you already have open PD8 while playing your game.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 04. 2010 23:43

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Carl is coreect when he mentions the "double click" on PD's short cut or if you attempt to open PD when it is already active.

Using Ctrl+Alt+Delete bring up the Task Manager
You should then look to see what PD functions are running.
Please include a screen shots of the Application Data and Processes tabs so I can have a clearer indication of what's running.

Thanks

Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Post New]
Solution: When you get the 'Concurrent User Sessions are not supported' , open an application that allows you to look at the processes on the computer. I use Process Explorer that I downloaded but you may just as easily use Windows Task Manager. Its assumed you already performed the 'End Task' in Windows Task Manager and the Applications tab no longer shows Power Director as an open application. That will fool you, it won't show up as a running application. Go to the Process window and find Pdr8.exe (assume you are running Power Director , right click it and kill or end the process.
Somehow when Power Director hangs, the Task Manager does not kill it. So when you try to open it again, you get the Concurrent message. Don't waste your time waiting for Windows to finally kill it, I've tried that and it can stay hung forever until you restart your computer which you shouldn't have to do.