Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't use Samsung 7000 series LED TV
AARON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 25, 2010 16:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys. I'm trying to make use of this PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II but it's not working for me and I can't pinpoint which component is off here.

The relevant aspects of my setup are:

- Windows Vista Ultimate 32-Bit SP2 (fully updated)
- PowerDVD 10.0.1830.51
- Dual NVIDIA GTS 250 (SLI-enabled)
- Sony Blu-ray drive
- Intel Core2Quad Q9650 CPU
- Samsung UN46C7000 (46" 3D LED HDTV)
- Samsung SSG-2100AB 3D Active Glasses

All components are fully HDCP compliant, I am connecting my PC to the TV using an HDMI cable (linked to PC using DVI/HDMI converter).

It can play the 3D disc (Monsters VS Aliens 3D in this case) but the glasses do not work to put the images together.

When I go into the 3D Display Configuration window it automatically sets the 'Enable BD 3D playback' option on and correctly sets the diagonal size to 46.

The problem is when I hit Auto Detect under the Choose 3D display menu it says 'No 3D Display'. I can manually change this to "3D-Ready HDTV" and it will play the movie in 3D, but again the glasses do not work to convert the images.

I downloaded and ran the BD 3D Advisor and all tests pass with flying colors, yet I still cannot watch the movie. I will attach the log file from the Advisor to this post in case it helps.

If anyone can help point out where I am having any issue that needs to be addressed I would be very greatful. Any hints, tips or advice would be appreciated however.

Thank you,
Aaron Hill
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_CORE2QUAD_2010_07_25_16_45_12.html
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDVD BD 3D Advisor Test Results
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
360 time(s)
nabbl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2010 09:47 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Ive got it to work with my C7700.

Here is how i did it:

1.) First of all: Be sure that you plugged you HDMI Cable into HDMI Port 1 (HDMI/DVI) on the TV. In the TV Menu Options under "Source" you should be able to rename the output to: "DVI - PC".

2.) Afterwards you can hit the 3D Button on your Remote Control and select the Checkerboard input format. (second option from right side...) If there isnt any Checkerboard option available you failed in point 1.

3.) Now you go into PowerDvD 3D Options and select: "3D Ready HDTV". Now start the movie and everything should work just fine.

Please give me some Feedback if it worked for you.