Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it just me or Youtube is having uploading issues since 17/07/2010?
Kelvin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2010 03:22 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I've been trying to upload a video and like 98% of the time it gives me "CyberLink could not upload the video to youtube" or something similar to that. I even tested by uploading those 5 second videos that CyberLink imports by default and it didn't work. Is Youtube having some uploading issues? >.<
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Follow the KISS principle . . . Keep It Simple.

Don't use Cyberlink to upload your video.

Simply save it to a file on one of your drives, then log in to YouTube and upload it in the normal (simple) manner from the location on your drive. Job done

Some info here about best file quality -> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12158.page Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
Kelvin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Follow the KISS principle . . . Keep It Simple.

Don't use Cyberlink to upload your video.

Simply save it to a file on one of your drives, then log in to YouTube and upload it in the normal (simple) manner from the location on your drive. Job done

Some info here about best file quality -> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12158.page

Ok thanks, I am able to upload videos now although I need to use the ?restrict=gears through.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
It has been reported by others that when they had a problem uploading to YouTube through Power Director, it wasn't successful until the user changed the music in their production. Apparently the music was copyrighted and was detected by the YouTube robot and caused the upload problem. The music was changed and the upload was completed without an issue.

Just something to take a look at....what does your music track contain?

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Kelvin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: It has been reported by others that when they had a problem uploading to YouTube through Power Director, it wasn't successful until the user changed the music in their production. Apparently the music was copyrighted and was detected by the YouTube robot and caused the upload problem. The music was changed and the upload was completed without an issue.

Kevin

Didn't put any music for now, I only have voice-over.
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It has been reported by others that when they had a problem uploading to YouTube through Power Director, it wasn't successful until the user changed the music in their production. Apparently the music was copyrighted and was detected by the YouTube robot and caused the upload problem. The music was changed and the upload was completed without an issue.

Kevin

Can't upload to to Youtube because of the password/login issue that happened 6 months ago when youtube changed the login process that killed PD8's automatic uploader. It always says invalid user/inactive account and won't even attempt to upload. Works occasionally when the moon is full, but I quit wasting my time filling out all the required fields and then getting smacked down with a software bug. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi OTW,

I get that message too once in awhile "invalid user/invalid account". The upload failure is rather inconsistent...sometimes it works, and then the next minute it mysteriously starts working.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Kelvin,

Just for kicks I uploaded a short test through PD9 into my YouTube account and it all went just fine on my system. So I can't say what the problem might be. Sorry I can't be of more help on the subject.

Kevin
Kelvin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Kelvin,

Just for kicks I uploaded a short test through PD9 into my YouTube account and it all went just fine on my system. So I can't say what the problem might be. Sorry I can't be of more help on the subject.

Kevin

My uploading problem is gone, I updated my PD8 to the latest build (8.00.3022).
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Watch for yourself.

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
OTW,

What the heck do you suppose the problem is? Interesting video clip....I can understand why you don't bother uploading through PD8....but you have to be curious what the problem is. Well aren't you curious just a little bit?

It's a complete mystery to me...the topic keeps popping up occasionally and I wish I had a logical work flow to troubleshoot the problem to offer.
OnTheWeb1
[Post New]
Quote: OTW,

What the heck do you suppose the problem is? Interesting video clip....I can understand why you don't bother uploading through PD8....but you have to be curious what the problem is. Well aren't you curious just a little bit?

It's a complete mystery to me...the topic keeps popping up occasionally and I wish I had a logical work flow to troubleshoot the problem to offer.

At first I thought it was the custom WMV profiles, or an internet cookie thing, but I long since tried out changing all that stuff and could never get it to be stable, meaning it worked ever so rarely.

It would be nice to have a button to click called "YouTube Verify" to confirm the software can properly access the target YT account. Online auction software does this to verify that when you bid on an item it's all ready to go and there are no surprises like failed logins. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard