Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
scroll credits - from title selections
DIANA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2010 10:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using scroll credits, one of the choices offered in "Titles" in Power Director 8, at the end of my home videos and self-produced slideshows. I am using a fancier font style, rather than the plain, default title font, offered when editing the title scrolling credits. I have music playing during the scrolling credits display as well as a still photo displayed behind the scrolling credits title. After producing my movies and slideshows in AVI format, the scrolling credits jump. The credits do not scroll smoothly. The jumping of the credits really ruins the end of my production. The credits scroll smoothly in the display screen during the edit phase of my movies and slideshows. What is happening to the scrolling credits during the production phase?
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like the program is having difficulty scrolling the text as transparent over the background.

Tip: Make a new project with just the scrolling text on say a bright blue color board background.
Produce it as a video.

Does it scroll OK ?

Now change the project to have your desired image as the 1st track and place the movie you just produced as a PIP and make the chroma-key be the bright blue so that the text appears transparently over your background image.
Produce this movie

Does it play perfectly?
If so append this movie to the main slideshow and get rid of the scrolling titles you had originally.

The reason for the jumping may be unclear but possibly lack of memory after doing the main DVD.
By creating iit seperately you avoid that problem since it does not need to process the titles.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2010 10:28

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem