Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi All, Newbie 1st Question
Nora [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Georgetown, KY Joined: Mar 28, 2007 11:55 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,
I know that PowerDirector 6.0 will do more than I'm aware of, I just can't easily find how.

Can anyone tell me how in 6.0 I can create a floating pic (I used PIP), but have the pic stay in the final position for several seconds longer? When I set the duration, it just takes longer for the pic to go through the motion path, but when it reaches the end it changes on to the next pic. Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated. I have a sample of a file that I'm trying to re-create using PowerDirector, but can't figure it out. I have the file for anyone who's interested and could upload if that's acceptable. It's 3.56 MB.

Thanks!
Nora
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nora,

I've spent a little while creating a Training Video to show you how to use PiP and make the image "linger longer"

Okay, I did the video.."off the cuff" so please forgive any quirks...in speech etc.

Go to SeeMyWorldOnVideo and view the video Pip Staying Longer

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 23. 2007 05:06

Peter B. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sunshine Coast, Qld. Australia Joined: Apr 07, 2007 21:13 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there Nora,

Nice work on the video Dafydd, but there is an easier less complicated way to do this.

Edit the PIP, then after clicking the motion tab if you choose the motion right from the cross (the one that's going from center to upper left, you will find that it has been set with a short keyframe where it moves to the end point then will stay in that position for the remainder of the duration of the PIP. You can easily reposition the start or end points (orange dots) as well as draging the green keyframe across to the right which will in effect make the picture move slower.

Another way is to choose another movement & drag the rightmost green keyframe to the left which will bring the end position back & the picture will then stay in that position until the duration of the PIP.

Remember you can also chenge the size of the starting & ending frames & it will do all the hard work in between for you.

I used this process recently to produce the effect of a full screen picture that reduced in size as it moved to the upper left corner, when I then enabled titling to appear next to it.

I hope you will find one of these methods useful.

Regards,

Peter B.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there Nora,
Nice work on the video Dafydd, but there is an easier less complicated way to do this.
Edit the PIP, then after clicking the motion tab if you choose the motion right from the cross (the one that's going from center to upper left, you will find that it has been set with a short keyframe where it moves to the end point then will stay in that position for the remainder of the duration of the PIP. You can easily reposition the start or end points (orange dots) as well as draging the green keyframe across to the right which will in effect make the picture move slower.
Another way is to choose another movement & drag the rightmost green keyframe to the left which will bring the end position back & the picture will then stay in that position until the duration of the PIP.
Remember you can also chenge the size of the starting & ending frames & it will do all the hard work in between for you.
I used this process recently to produce the effect of a full screen picture that reduced in size as it moved to the upper left corner, when I then enabled titling to appear next to it.
I hope you will find one of these methods useful.
Regards,
Peter B.

Thanks Peter,

Complicated - na not really. There are a number of ways to carry out the task requested... nothing is set in stone and must be done this way or that. I also wanted to show the viewer the PiP feature can be manipulated and how that could be done.... giving confidence to a new user.

I'd like to see your video clip. Post it on SeeMyWorldOnVideo - submit a video and let's see it.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 22. 2007 06:37

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've altered the training video - adding to the end - how you make a PiP video "linger longer"

Go to SeeMyWorldOnVideo and view the video Pip Staying Longer

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 23. 2007 05:08

Nora [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Georgetown, KY Joined: Mar 28, 2007 11:55 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd & Peter B. !!

I knew there had to be a way! This is such an awesome forum! I didn't check back sooner because I half-way didn't expect an answer, but you both restored my confidence in people truly helping others. Thanks!!
Nora
Peter B. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sunshine Coast, Qld. Australia Joined: Apr 07, 2007 21:13 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Your're welcome Nora.

I just realised that I gave out some information that may have had you scratching your head. When I mentioned about clicking on the motion to the right of the cross, you won't have the motion I described because it was one that I had made & saved myself! lol. Sorry about that. I had forgotten I made that one.

But if you use the motion that starts in the bottom right & arcs up to the top left, you will be able to easily modify the right end point. This is where the playback pointer travels across the screen when you press play. You just have to drag the rightmost thin green line to the left & job is done. No splitting necessary. Simple.

This brings me to another point Dafydd.
Perhaps your method is not complicated to you or I, but to a new user I'm not so sure. It is the new user we are trying to help here after all.

I believe in the KISS principle. This doesn't mean that it is the right way & "must be done this way" just that it is a much easier alternative solution. If I had the means to record the process I would but I don't so I won't. Keep up the good work anyway.

Cheers,

Peter B.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Peter,

In response to:
" I believe in the KISS principle. This doesn't mean that it is the right way & "must be done this way" just that it is a much easier alternative solution. If I had the means to record the process I would but I don't so I won't. "

I follow the CUDDLE principle (Can Use Dafydd's Demanding Lovely Entertainment) which I think is warmer

So one might actually presume that a Kiss and Cuddle can be quite attractive and offering a solution!

Oh yes...the software I used... just visit SoftDeko and see the popup advert - try it for 30 days.

Dafydd