Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error in recording in PAL and then editing
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2010 08:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I have searched the forums but can’t see to find my exact issue

I have a canon SX1 and have created video in PAL format. When I drag and drop them into the editing screen I get the warning error that my preferred tv format is PAL. When I change this to NTSC I do not get the error. I have recorded video on the SX1 in PAL and NTSC and the error is the same for both ie when PD is sert to NTSC this is no error message although supposedly I am recording in PAL. Is it possible that the SX1 is recording in NTSC which ever option I choose on the camera?
Apologies as I may get told to go to canon and ask but I hope someone there can help

Shall I just stick to NTSC but I have an UK TV

Finally does it matter will I lose much in the quality

The recordings are in quick time for both PAL and NTSC
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Interestingly enough I have a Canon G11 (basically a still camera) which I occasionally use to record video, and which creates a MOV file.
The camera menu it is set to record in PAL format, but I recall when I initially imported it into PD8 it informed me it was and NSTC and offered to convert it.
I don't recall it happening since I uploaded the latest PD8 patch.
If you type PAL into the HELP menu on PD8 it gives you some answers there.
Otherwise "Google" at -> http://www.google.com/search?q=can+powerdirector+8+convert+from+nstc+to+pal
Change the PAL and NSTC wording around in Google if it's not the result you want Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder