Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD autoplay
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I have created a DVD with 3 chapters.
After inserting into player, the disc menu shows, all is well.
After 10-12 seconds, the disc begins to play automatically.
Is there a way to change this? I am using PD6 to create disc content, then burning with P2G5.5. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
kjbflygirl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Mar 23, 2007 12:27 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
It's a bug in PD6. Cyberlink is working on a patch. Please see my earlier post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1174.page
melody [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2006 23:05 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Here is PowerDirector6 menu behavior for your informaiton. It's different with PowerDirector5.

1.If using motion video as the background, the starting time for Autoplay is the length of the background video (maximum as 99 seconds)
2.If for Still image background but with Motion thumbnail, the starting time for Autoplay is the Motion thumbnail duration you set. (Default duration of Motion thumbnail is 10 seconds.)
3.If for still image background but without Motion thumbnail, the starting time of AutoPlay is 15 seconds.

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
So then, Ladies, is it a bug, or is it by design? Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Dan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2007 13:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
At least you got a coherent repsonse from them. I asked the same question and got "You can't create a DVD without a menu." I'm having the same problem and now after reading this, I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design, like the other user asked.

I've found all sorts of screwey things in the menu editing system and in response to another question, the answer I got was "Please download the manual." I _DID_ read the manual and it's just as useless as the application and the tech support I'm receiving.

-dan