Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem uploading to Facebook.
Kenneth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2010 05:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I get to the point where I have completed my project and am ready to upload to Facebook and when asked to Autherize and then click continue I get a Media Source Error and says to try again ( I have ) or contact tech support. Anyone else have this problem and any success in fixing it? Help Please!
Kenneth [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I now tryed to Upload to Youtube and I recieved the same error message.

HELP!!!
Kenneth [Avatar]
[Post New]
I figured out how to correct the error I was getting by starting with the simplist of tasks.

This is the steps I took to correct uploads to Facebook and YouTube.

1. Close all running applications.
2. Uninstall Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Ultra.
3. Reboot computer.
4. Reinstall Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Ultra.
5. Rebook computer.
6. Start Cyberlink Powerdirector 8 Ultra and register the application.
7. Rebook computer.

Errors should be corrected and now I can upload to both YouTube and Facebook with no problems or errors. I listed the steps I took in detail since I reinstalled and uninstalled 2 times until I got it right. If you follow the directions you should have no problems.
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
The answer is KISS . . "Keep It Simple"

Simply save your file to your hard-drive first, in the file format you want, then upload it to YouTube or Facebook when logged into the respective sites.

Since I've been doing it that way, I've had no problems at all

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2010 08:20

Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
(a)ndy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Jul 11, 2010 00:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The answer is KISS . . "Keep It Simple"

Simply save your file to your hard-drive first, in the file format you want, then upload it to YouTube or Facebook when logged into the respective sites.

Since I've been doing it that way, I've had no problems at all

Hi Trevor

Do you have any suggestion on how to output HD quality files suitable for facebook? There doesn't seem to be any obvious 'facebook HD' output profile.

Thanks

Andrew
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Do you have any suggestion on how to output HD quality files suitable for facebook? There doesn't seem to be any obvious 'facebook HD' output profile.

When I do the "Produce" in PD8 I save the files as .m2ts files which are 1080 High-Definition files. It is referred to as an H.264 AVC in the "file-saving" menu.

There's some great (and very reassuring) information about H.264 at these links below . . .
http://www.pixeltools.com/h264_paper.html
and
http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus/codec-pack/h264

Some of my Hi-Definition video examples at . . .
http://www.youtube.com/trevorgeorgeuk

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 11. 2010 04:56

Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
Kenneth [Avatar]
[Post New]
Andrew - Thanks for your question but I am sorry I could not answer it as I just figured out how to upload to facebook and youtube and have not gotten any farther.

Trevor - Thank you very much for your insight into uploading to Facebook in full HD. I am glad you were able to answer Andrew's question.
Kenneth [Avatar]
[Post New]
Trevor, Your HD quality in the YouTube videos you've posted are fantastic. I will have to check out more of them later. Have a meeting to run to at the moment.
Ken
(a)ndy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Jul 11, 2010 00:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your help Trevor. I will give your suggestions a go.
Ozzy23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2011 14:18 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have recently purchased powerdirector 9 and created my first video. I then uploaded it to facebook using the option within the software. It worked ok.
I have since updated my version of Internet explorer (which I do not know if it is linked) and now find that when I try to upload to facebook it asks me to authorise, and then opens a window and prints "success" then hangs.....

I have reloaded Powerdirector 9 and rebooted but still no change. I would apreciate any help / suggestions to resolve this problem, thanks.