Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Width problems in producing mpeg-file
Frederik [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2007 09:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
So I've made a video with all transitions and titles and stuff and I want to make an mpeg of it to burn on dvd later on. I click the produce-button, then pick out mpeg-2 and set the profile type to DVD-SP so I can contain 2 hours of video on a dvd. Now I'm guessing the width should be 720px while hiehgt should be 576, right? When I continue, Power Director cuts my width in half, leaving me with 360*576. When I create a custom profile and I pick the DVD-PAL standard (720*576), it lets me pick that out, but when I continue, again, PD cuts my width in half leaving me with -again - 360*576.
Any help in this area?
Peter B. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sunshine Coast, Qld. Australia Joined: Apr 07, 2007 21:13 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
The short answer is that if you want to fit 2 hrs on a DVD (being SP) then it will reduce the width in half so it can fit it on - thereby making the file size half as big. When the DVD is authored it will expand the size to 720x576 so it will look normal on your TV. The quality won't be quite as good as the HQ option but you can't have everything. The only way you can have 720x576 is to choose the HQ but then you will only get 1hr.

Another way is to choose HQ then make the DVD files & use Shrink to fit it to a standard DVD size. That way if your project comes to 1.5 hrs it will still look pretty good when it is shrunk to fit to 1 hr.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Peter B.