Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with DivX :(
[Post New]
I installed the codec DivX. Now my PowerDirector 8 can encode video in this format. But why I can not choose a FPS and audio codec (need mp3)? Screenshot:

P.S. Please help

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 30. 2010 13:51

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What version of Powerdirector do you have?

Some versions of Powerdirector are limited in some functions.

OEM versions are somewhat limited. Only the full retail versions have all of the features.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote: What version of Powerdirector do you have?

Some versions of Powerdirector are limited in some functions.

OEM versions are somewhat limited. Only the full retail versions have all of the features.

I have Ultimate
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Unless Dafydd chimes in I have no answer. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
7Azimuth,

Do you install Divx Pro? Or the free Divx version? Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
Do you install Divx Pro? Or the free Divx version?

Yes, I install Divx Pro!
[Post New]
I did manage to install the codec mp3. But why the quality of compression is so low? Screenshot:
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Go to:
Avi Profile settings tab
Select Codec setting
Make the changes in the DivX Pro popup window.

Dafydd
[Thumb - sdukpd8-00072.png]
 Filename
sdukpd8-00072.png
[Disk]
 Description
DivX selection
 Filesize
105 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
204 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2010 07:17

[Post New]
Quote: Go to:
Avi Profile settings tab
Select Codec setting
Make the changes in the DivX Pro popup window.

Dafydd

Well, it's so clear. Why I can not select more than 24Hz, stereo, 160kbps?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I recall this question was raised in the past somewhere on the forum in a different build - might have been 7 or 6.

The limitation of the audio selection was a deliberate safe guard by CyberLink to prevent editors choosing parameters which would cause PD to become unstable during the render process and crash.

Please take this matter up with Tech Support. DivX is 3rd party add on render program. https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd