Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D mode doesn't work - player cycles blank screen
DOUG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2010 13:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD full Version : PowerDVD 10 Ultra
PowerDVD SR Number (when click on "CyberLink in left top) : DVD100510-02
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version) : Win 7 64 Home Premium
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? : Retail
Used VGA : NVidia GeForce GTS360 (Asus laptop G51J series)
Used VGA driver version : 196.82
Used Audio device : Realtek
Used Audio device driver version
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI) : laptop 120hz display, 1366 x 768
Are you using singel or dual monitor environment : single
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using : Trend

When I try to play a 2D DVD using the 3D option, the screen cycles rapidly between a blank screen and a brief PowerDVD screen with the 3D setting box displayed. No adjustments are possible and nothing stops the cycling unless I unplug the IR emitter.

How can I watch 2D movies in 3D? Also, the 3D option is not available when watching movies stored on a HDD.

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

the TT-3D option for vdeo files will be implemented in a later (free) patch.

please try to update your Vide drivers (and the 3D visin drivers) to latest Version.
Please try to activate the TT-3D BEFORE playback starts.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Pipegrep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2008 22:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Did this solve your problem? I started a thread more than a month ago here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11341.page

When I contacted support they asked for a boat load of info and when I provided it they came back with 'make sure you select 120Hz', 'use beta drivers from Jan 2010' (?!?!?!), and 'use the latest patch'. I installed the latest patch (CyberLink.1830(Ultra_Free_DVD100701-03.exe) today and the behavior is the same as you described. Their last message was that a bug was submitted and I haven't heard anything since.
DOUG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2010 13:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it now works as advertised. I enable TT 3D before loading movie. I have not noticed any recurrance of the blank screen cycling problem as yet. Haven't got around to updating to .1830 but I will get around to it.