Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can Someone Explain to Me How to do This
TexasStar15 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2023 22:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've got a video uploaded to Powerdirector 365 and on the timeline. I've also got a image (png file) uploaded and on the timeline. I want the image file to slide up from the bottom. I understand how to do this with text but is it possible to get a image file to do this on my video. It's a video of a construction site and the png file is the construction company logo. Thanks for any help guys!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
In many cases it makes sense to look for a tutorial either on the Cyberlink site or on YouTube,
suggest to search for Picture in Picture. One example is this clip:
https://youtu.be/JgdISGTCvMA?feature=shared
This one is very extensive and probably you don't need all this stuff. There are many other examples to be found.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the tutorials of Jim below, there are a plethora of good and clear short clips that explain it all.

Mind you most tutorials are made with older versions of PD, so the look and feel will be different, especially when you are used to work with version 22. The principles are the same.
have fun

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2023 02:16

JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've got a video uploaded to Powerdirector 365 and on the timeline. I've also got a image (png file) uploaded and on the timeline. I want the image file to slide up from the bottom. I understand how to do this with text but is it possible to get a image file to do this on my video. It's a video of a construction site and the png file is the construction company logo. Thanks for any help guys!

For PD365 an 2024 Here is one way:

If your video is on track 1, put your image on track 2.
Use the magnifier to below the preview screen to zoom to 25%
Resize the image and drag it off the screen
Turn on the keyframes and move to the start of the image.
Set a position keyframe byclicking on the diamond to the right of the value "Position" in the left panel.
Move the playhead a few seconds into the image.
Drag the image where you want it on the screen. It will set another keyframe.
Now the image will move on the screen and stay there for the duration of its appearance on the timeline.
(I'll dig into the new interface and see if I can find an easier way.)
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've got a video uploaded to Powerdirector 365 and on the timeline. I've also got a image (png file) uploaded and on the timeline. I want the image file to slide up from the bottom. I understand how to do this with text but is it possible to get a image file to do this on my video. It's a video of a construction site and the png file is the construction company logo. Thanks for any help guys!

Add video to track 1
Add image to track 2
2 click on the image.
Advanced button opens the editor
Cursor (vertical red line) at home position, adjust image size and position.
Mark the lozenges of the tracks, Position and Scale.
Drag the cursor to the final position, adjust the image size and position.
Mark the lozenges of the tracks, Position and Scale.
Click OK to save

Click Save As, if you want to save to the library, Overlays / Custom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2023 18:10