Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I access the precise fade-in, Fade-out controls in the 2024 update in PowerDirector
Philkon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2018 10:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have looked all over and cannot find them, or any other way to adjust them, other than to turn it on, or off..
[Thumb - 1 - PD 365 - Fade IN and Fade Out - Markers gone_.png]
 Filename
1 - PD 365 - Fade IN and Fade Out - Markers gone_.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
216 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
[Thumb - 1 - PD 365 - Fade IN and Fade Out - Markers gone_-2-ExampleOfOldSystem.png]
 Filename
1 - PD 365 - Fade IN and Fade Out - Markers gone_-2-ExampleOfOldSystem.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1412 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have looked all over and cannot find them, or any other way to adjust them, other than to turn it on, or off..

CL appears to have removed the very easy and convenient opacity controls from the timeline and now have them in the menu. Click Keyframes and adjust the opacity keypoints there.

Jeff
Philkon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2018 10:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]

CL appears to have removed the very easy and convenient opacity controls from the timeline and now have them in the menu. Click Keyframes and adjust the opacity keypoints there.

Jeff

Thanks for the info. That sure is a massive decrease in efficiency.

But they left it in for the audio files.

Oh well
Mike Hall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2018 19:37 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for the info. That sure is a massive decrease in efficiency.

But they left it in for the audio files.

Oh well

It is a massive change in efficiency and Cyberlink need to restore this.
Sharpo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2020 06:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]

It is a massive change in efficiency and Cyberlink need to restore this.

Is fade in/fade out changed now?

With the old version I used to just drag in a 0.5 sec fade at the start & finish of all the files in a video & it could be done in seconds.

Unless I've got it wrong, this is a total disaster!!
[Post New]
I have to agree, the removal of the fade in/out line on the face of the clips is a big step backwards. Now you have to go into a seperate screen and set keyframes. A real pain. PLEASE bring back the opacity controls overlayed with the clip!!!!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PLEASE bring back the opacity controls overlayed with the clip!!!!

Probably a good idea to share that directly with the devs & marketing team by using File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions
paulsw212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 19:21 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like they've transferred almost all controls into the Edit menu and the two tabs under 'Video' - tools and color. As well as transferring controls from the timeline, they've also done it from the Preview Window. There used to be useful set of grabs in the corners and mid-way so you could manually size the picture in-video (so to speak). Now you have to use 'Position/Size/Flip' in the Tools tab of the Edit menu.

I don't mind them adding these tools, but why remove the pre-existing functionality that has served us so well over years?

It rather reminds me of when Microsoft summarily dispensed with Movie Maker in favour of a 'simplified' version in Windows 7 with a lot of the functionality stripped out or dumbed down. Apparently that was 'progress'! I do hope that Power Director isn't going the same way.

Paul
JohnRobinsonRC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2021 03:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It looks like they've transferred almost all controls into the Edit menu and the two tabs under 'Video' - tools and color. As well as transferring controls from the timeline, they've also done it from the Preview Window. There used to be useful set of grabs in the corners and mid-way so you could manually size the picture in-video (so to speak). Now you have to use 'Position/Size/Flip' in the Tools tab of the Edit menu.

I don't mind them adding these tools, but why remove the pre-existing functionality that has served us so well over years?

It rather reminds me of when Microsoft summarily dispensed with Movie Maker in favour of a 'simplified' version in Windows 7 with a lot of the functionality stripped out or dumbed down. Apparently that was 'progress'! I do hope that Power Director isn't going the same way.

Paul

Someone did share a tip. When highlighting a video press F2 button. This opens the "old" window we all know and love. Just another button to press causing less productivity. The death of Powerdirector for anyone above new users......