Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Toolbar
AkivaA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2023 03:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Recently purchased PowerDirector, finding the interface rather poor.
Apparently a toolbar pops up when you click on a video, giving access to Speed control and other functions.
No such interface comes up.

Running Asus Rog Flow 2023 with Touch screen capabilities.
Found an article about linking/unlinking audio. Did not Fix
Audio File has been unlinked

Can hold control and drag the Video to access Full clip speed control.
Button then pops up on the video Says Tool speed, can then enter interface this way. But there is absoultly no way im editing with poor work arounds.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2023-08-22 160036.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2023-08-22 160036.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1446 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot 2023-08-22 160109.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2023-08-22 160109.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1428 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I think that many, if not most, users will agree with you that the interface is slow-ish and not fit for the fast and more experienced editors with large workloads. Add to that the PD has a number of flaws in its operation. CL has over the last year made changes to the interface, which sometimes drove the 365 users, who got these changes in their monthly updates without any warning. These changes caused delays in the usage not only because users had to discover how the new contraption would work (if at all), but moreover the changes were not always for the benefit of the fast editors with large workloads. More for the occasional users, who were also in need of a number of the many stickers released every month. Cyberlink apparently expects much from these occasional users, the more demanding users will find their way to other more professional editors. Which is a shame, because PD has a lot of potential.
If you have questions, complaints and suggestions for the CL sales department and the developers, I suggest you use the Rate us & provide suggestion option in the PD file menu, to tell that to Cyberlink directly.
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Is this only when using the touchscreen? Are there settings to change the behavior of the touchscreen? I can't imagine trying to use PD with a touchscreen only -- the interface is enough of a nightmare with the mouse and keyboard.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is this only when using the touchscreen? Are there settings to change the behavior of the touchscreen? I can't imagine trying to use PD with a touchscreen only -- the interface is enough of a nightmare with the mouse and keyboard.

i
meant the keyboard I don't think there will be many users using a touchscreen
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Apparently a toolbar pops up when you click on a video, giving access to Speed control and other functions.

That's not correct. Normal (left) clicking on a clip using a mouse or trackpad cursor doesn't bring up any menu, although right-clicking does.

The normal procedure is to select the clip and then click on the Edit button that will appear above the timeline (shown in the yellow box in the below screenshot).

This is a change from previous versions as Warry noted, and the steps are identical whether using a mouse, trackpad or touch. To access the right-click menu without a mouse/trackpad, touch the icon in the green box:

Once you have applied a tool or effect, you can touch or click on the small "i" box at the start of the clip to quickly reach the tool again as shown in your second pic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2023 15:51