Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to lower the volume of music on your timeline
Cassy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2023 09:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have an audio track under my title slides for my podcast. It is an MP3 conversion of a YouTube video. I have the music fading in and fading out. But once the music fades in, it is louder than the volume of the podcast. People will be reaching for their volume control. So, of course, I want to reduce the volume.

Can I do this on the timeline, or must I do it in the original MP3. The tutorial says to use a keyframe, but I only get the keyframe in the original MP3. When I try to change the volume in the MP3 (after inserting the keyframe), I'm told it's in a red area and restricted so I'm unable to change the volume.

Can I change the volume in the timeline? If so, could you please let me know how?

If I have to do it in the MP3, can you please let me know how to remove the restricted area e so I can change the volume?

Thank you so much.

Cassy
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
If you click on the clip in the timeline you will see a horizontal blue line in the lower part (the soundtrack) with 2 white spots (beginning and end of the sound clip)

If you pick the blue line with your mouse you can pull down the line and lower the volume.
If you want to lower just a part of the clip, press ctrl and click on the blue line where you want to start and end the lower volume. You will see 2 white spots. Click again 2 times just right and left of the first 2 spots. The part of the blue line between the inner white spots you can pull down and lower the volume. If you pull down the first inner white spot the volume will be lowwer (or zero) and increases to the level of the second white spot. Play a little bit with it and you will learn the possibilities. Of course you can also use Audio Director or soundeditor with even more possibilities.