Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there any way to invert a chroma key?
GeneH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2012 07:47 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video with a moving green glow stick that I want to have functioning as a kind of light source. I figured I would have a video track with just the glow stick, and apply some effects to that track to make the stick look like it's glowing.

Using the chroma key functionality, I can chroma key-out the green glow stick, but what I would like to do is the inverse, and chroma-key everything but the green glow stick. Is there any way to do this?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
There is no option available to reverse Chroma key.
If it is that you want is to single out one object (not a colour) then maybe masking it is best way to get it done. Depending on how much this objects moves around the screen, you may define a custom selection mask, and with keyframes, move the mask along with the object movements.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a video with a moving green glow stick that I want to have functioning as a kind of light source. I figured I would have a video track with just the glow stick, and apply some effects to that track to make the stick look like it's glowing.

Using the chroma key functionality, I can chroma key-out the green glow stick, but what I would like to do is the inverse, and chroma-key everything but the green glow stick. Is there any way to do this?

I'm not sure what PD products you have, if you have some that support the NewBlue 3rd party Fx that were offered by CL, the NewBlue Chroma Key Pro that was bundled by CL contains a chroma key invert feature.

Jeff