Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Full versions crashing after 1-2 years of usage
Joel777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2018 11:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It happened for the 3rd time now that PowerDirector crashes 1-2 minutes after opening it, 1-2 years after I bought the last upgrade. The last times, I upgraded and it worked again. It seems to be a dishonest way of forcing customers to buy the upgrades even if they don't need it. Last time I spent hours to try to make it work again, reinstallng everything etc..., this time I will switch to another product.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not aware of any built-in methods to force people to upgrade. Chances are that somewhere along the line a system or driver upgrade occured that is causing your current problem.

You posted in the PD21 and PD365 forum, but it clearly sounds like you're using an older version. Can you please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and provide the exact version number and also attach the DxDiag test results so we can see if there are any obvious issues?

By the way, this is a user to user forum and is not an official channel to reach Cyberlink. If you'd like to reach their tech support department you can do so here.
Joel777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2018 11:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It is Cyberlink PD 21... And the last time it was 18 and 19 and an update and a reinstall didn't help, an upgrade to 21 did. And before it happend also on 16 or 17.
Everything works normally, but only for about 1 minute and then it closes...

Also dxdiag shows no errors and all apps using directx or opengl work fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2023 14:56

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what you'd like me or any other forum member to do then. If you would share the DxDiag results as I requested, it's possible that it contains some clues as to why the issues are occurring. It's not a pass/fail kind of test.

If you'd care to share it, please use the Attachments button below the forum's text box:

Otherwise I think you should contact CL tech spport as I mentioned in my first post.