Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shiny or Wet Look
gabo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2018 17:16 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to make a video have a wet or shiny look, a subtle thing not over done. Just trying to give a dull video a bit of a shine.

Years ago I did a photoshoot of flowers for someone. The best way to get them to look really good was to mist them with water, put them in the freezer until they were good and frozen. Take them out, and as soong as they started to melt just a bit, add lighting and take your photos. It made them shiny and spectacular.

I tried putting my video on a thumb drive, misting it and putting it in the freezer, no good haha
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's not quite what you've described, but you may want to try the Vibrancy control from the Color Adjustment tool to make a dull video much more lively.

To access it, select the clip on the timeline then click on the Edit button that will appear above the timeline and use this slider:

You might also want to try the Saturation and Contrast controls

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2023 14:06

gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It's not quite what you've described, but you may want to try the Vibrancy control from the Color Adjustment tool to make a dull video much more lively.

To access it, select the clip on the timeline then click on the Edit button that will appear above the timeline and use this slider:

You might also want to try the Saturation and Contrast controls

Yea, I'm not a rookie, I know all about the standard editing tools. Color adjustments, HDR, etc. etc. I've also played with the Boris FX and other pieces. Just haven't found anything that is as good as I want.

I'm looking for spectacular, not orginary color adjustments. But thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No way to know anyone's skill level from just a few words.

You might want to look at Pixelan's CreativeEase pack which has a module called RiseShine. More info here.
gabo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote No way to know anyone's skill level from just a few words.

You might want to look at Pixelan's CreativeEase pack which has a module called RiseShine. More info here.

Correct, sorry if that came out a bit wrong! No malice intended, that RiseShine looks pretty good, I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help!