Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible to install PD 365 on a drive other than C: or at least media on a different drive?
chpd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2023 09:29 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to install PD 365 on a drive other than C

If not, is it at least possible to have media ("Media Content") stored on a different drive?

I want to have as little as possible on C:.

Thank you.
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is it possible to install PD 365 on a drive other than C

If not, is it at least possible to have media ("Media Content") stored on a different drive?

Thank you.

Whether You can install PD on an other drive I don't know, but media you can (see preferences).
chpd [Avatar]
[Post New]

Whether You can install PD on an other drive I don't know, but media you can (see preferences).

Thank you for the response.

Regarding installing on a different drive, it appears that can be configured in Cyberlink's Application Manager under Setting -.> Installation Path.
Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you for the response.

Regarding installing on a different drive, it appears that can be configured in Cyberlink's Application Manager under Setting -.> Installation Path.

Yes, but it is the installation path of CAM in my opinion. CAM must know where to install updates of PD and other Cyberlink programms.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2023 02:42

chpd [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried it. It's not the installation path of the CAM itself. It's the path where CAM will install products.
Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I tried it. It's not the installation path of the CAM itself. It's the path where CAM will install products.

On the predefined spot I only see CAM related files no other products like PD
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is it possible to install PD 365 on a drive other than C

Thank you.

The short answer is no and yes.

The program files all end up in the Windows predefined programs folder(s) on the root (c:\) disk. I see no way to overrule that. Even if there was a way I would not recommend storing and running this kind of software from another drive. Chances are that windows for some activities still expects that c:\ is used.

It looks indeed like the Application Manager can save the adjacent media files, templates etc (and even itself by the looks of it, but how could that be) to the installation path set in its preferences. It is nice to have an alternative for the larger content packs, although one would assume some minimum requirements for the alternative disk, like mounted most of the time, so that PD can have access to fill the various rooms and sufficient speed to make the editing using the packs workable?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24. 2023 13:29