Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Programable mouse/controller?
MarkB777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 17:56 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

Has anyone used a special mouse like the logitech mx master? Or a controller like the tour box neo?

Do they work with powerdirector? Can you talk about your experience programming them?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think anything's changed since this discussion.

I have an MX Master mouse now, and the horizontal scroll wheel still doesn't do anything. The vertical wheel scrolls the timeline left/right, and holding down the Alt key scrolls the tracks up/down if you have enough of them to need scrolling.

As I wrote in the other post, I think the app has to be built with special support for non-standard mouse features, and I think still doesn't have any.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Here is also a link https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96902.page#389823 of interest in the German forum, Bernd1948 includes a link for the ShuttleXpress that he uses and a link to the German forum page of his discussion.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well I just tried out a few things using the Logitech Options+ app, and it turns out that you can do some interesting things with it when using PD!

For example, if you set the horizontal scroll wheel to Zoom in/out, you can zoom in/out on the horizontal timeline scale if you hover over the timeline. You can also zoom in/out on the preview window and any of the media/FX/transition, etc.. rooms by hovering there.

Obviously assigning keyboard shortcuts would work too, so that's helpful if you have some that you use a lot. I just set the secondary buttons to Copy & Paste, but they're not all that intuitive to use so I'm not sure if there's a big benefit in using them.

I may play around with this a bit more, and if I find anything really useful I'll be sure to post an update.