Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
D'd PowerDirector 365 trial and saved former PD14 project. How do I get PD14 to recognize pds?
goodguy309 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2015 09:03 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I wanted to try PowerDirector 365 so I downloaded the trial version, opened one of my PD14 projects and tested the Motion feature.

Yup, I saved the project, removed PD365 and when I went to open that project in PD14, I was hit with a popup that said the project couldn't be opened because it was saved in newer version.

Is there a way to revert the PD365 project to PD14?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the autosave folder of the PD14 and choose the one that is approximately the same date or size of the .pds the last time you opened the project in PD14.

Another solution is to do this on a different PD14 .pds file. Do what you did but do a save as in PD365 and add a suffix of -21 before saving. Use a file compare app and see the difference and make the changes to get it to open in PD14. Many PD users have been able to fix it in the past. This being your first time may take a while.
goodguy309 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2015 09:03 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Go to the autosave folder of the PD14 and choose the one that is approximately the same date or size of the .pds the last time you opened the project in PD14.

Another solution is to do this on a different PD14 .pds file. Do what you did but do a save as in PD365 and add a suffix of -21 before saving. Use a file compare app and see the difference and make the changes to get it to open in PD14. Many PD users have been able to fix it in the past. This being your first time may take a while.

I completely forgot about the auto-save folder. Thanks! I only need to recreate about five minutes of work.

Thank you!