Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powedirector is glitching and duplicating audio tracks after deleting a segment
Sailing Isara [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2023 20:05 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hey all, has any one experienced this before?

PD is adding an "echo" on a video track.

Playing them outside of powedirector is all fine, I know everyone is going to say for me to check my files but this is NOT what's happening. I also am resizing the video size and deleting segments (remove, fill gaps, move all clips) from videos which is seemingly related to causing the bug.

I split a track, make it smaller, and delete a section and remove gaps. What happens seemingly is that the audio that was there preivously will still get played at the previous timestamp, causing this audible echo. Really frustrating. NO there aren't any hidden tracks above or below the track that I'm working on, and there's no crossfading etc. It's just a bug. Wondering if anyone has experienced it?

Deleting and re-creating the video tracks fixed it, but then deleting a segment again causes the same issue.

What's extra weird is that if i play the project from where the echo begins, it doesn't cause the echo. However if I play before where the echo begins, it does play it (and it does get included in rendering unfortunately).
Sailing Isara [Avatar]
[Post New]
One thing that sortof works is muting the track, and then unmuting it. Also sometimes (but not always), simply dragging the clip to another empty track works. But it really makes the program unuseable because I don't really know if the extra audio will be there until I render. Very frustrating bug
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like it might be the same kind of issue that was resolved here.
Sailing Isara [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sounds like it might be the same kind of issue that was resolved here.

I also ended up trying that, and yes so far this looks like it may be working.
Thank you!