Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Strange New Image in All Video Items in Library
raaone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2017 07:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I import a folder with several MP4's in it (same type of MP4's I always use), they all now have a tiny image of a strip of film with an arrow wrapped around it in the lower left corner. I never saw that before!

What is it?

Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I import a folder with several MP4's in it (same type of MP4's I always use), they all now have a tiny image of a strip of film with an arrow wrapped around it in the lower left corner. I never saw that before!

What is it?

Thanks.

Shadow, or proxy files are being generated to aid timeline fluidity when editing. You can set in Pref > General > "Enable shadow files..."

Jeff
raaone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2017 07:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Shadow, or proxy files are being generated to aid timeline fluidity when editing. You can set in Pref > General > "Enable shadow files..."

Jeff

Thank you.

Not sure why that happened. I do the same thing with these types of file all the time. Same directory structure, etc.
In any event, thank you for your help.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Not sure why that happened. I do the same thing with these types of file all the time. Same directory structure, etc.
In any event, thank you for your help.

Nothing to do with directory structure, it has to do with complexity of video files in the library. Say your prior videos were mp4 with 1280x720 resolution, shadow files would not be generated. Now say you import some 4K resolution mp4 videos into the media library, shadow files would be generated for these files because of the high resolution.

Jeff