Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 won't launch from CAM or shortcut - Solved
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2008 22:53 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
It's an intermittent problem, but frustrating. Every other day or so, PD won't open, not from the CAM, not from the shortcut, not from going directly to the exe in the program folder. The only thing that works is to reboot my computer (Windows 10 64bit). When this happens, the other Director Suite programs all work (launching from CAM), only PD seems affected. Any thoughts?

I edited the topic but it doesn't seem to have worked - I am using PowerDirector 365 through Director Suite.

EDITED: I should have Googled first. Found a helpful YouTube that directed me to go through Task Manager - even though it wasn't 'open' in the apps list, it was still open in the background processes. Right-clicked, 'end task', and voila - shortcut and CAM work again.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 18. 2023 16:31