Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unwanted screen
HarmSelling [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2020 09:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
How can I switch of this screen which appears every time again after closing the program since a recent update?
[Thumb - scherm.jpg]
 Filename
scherm.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Unwanted screen
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 06. 2023 19:22

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's now the default loading screen and is required so that you can chose which section of PhD you want to use. See this discussion for more users' thoughts and the best way to share your frustration with Cyberlink.
HarmSelling [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2020 09:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That's now the default loading screen and is required so that you can chose which section of PhD you want to use. See this discussion for more users' thoughts and the best way to share your frustration with Cyberlink.

Thank you for the explanation.
I don't understand the value of this "default loading screen". It's an unneeded, extra, screen after closing the program.
I have contacted CyberLink via "Rate Us & Provide Suggestions".

Harm
DNB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2023 06:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That's now the default loading screen and is required so that you can chose which section of PhD you want to use. See this discussion for more users' thoughts and the best way to share your frustration with Cyberlink.

I agree !! Why do I need to choose "Organize and Adjust" vs "Edit".
When you choose Organize and Adjust the only way to add text or edit in other ways is to click on Edit in the upper right corner. And then it switches to a mode where only one picture appears, no ability to get to Library.
Can anyone tell me how to load an album when in Edit? HELP !!!
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]

I agree !! Why do I need to choose "Organize and Adjust" vs "Edit".
When you choose Organize and Adjust the only way to add text or edit in other ways is to click on Edit in the upper right corner. And then it switches to a mode where only one picture appears, no ability to get to Library.
Can anyone tell me how to load an album when in Edit? HELP !!!

In the Guided and Expert rooms, the photo import button supports library photo import.
And, I found out that there are NO tools in the Guided room that can process multiple photos (from an "album") at a time even in old photodirector versions without the new launcher,

In your case, the album import might not bring you the benefit to process mutiple photos at a time as those tools (in the Guided room) edit and export photo one by one respectively.

In Expert room, you can still add library photos as layers via the add photo layer option.

The photo merging tools that might need you to import multiple photos in advance have been moved to the Create room separately.

May the methods above help you edit photos from your album further.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2023 02:12

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How can I switch of this screen which appears every time again after closing the program since a recent update?

Well, apparently people at Cyberlink heard you as there's now an option to do just that in the new 14.6 version:

Uncheck that box and PhD will close completely, just like it used to.