Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NVIDIA GPU question
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 30, 2008 22:53 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I guess I'm at a loss without seeing the entire platform, it appears you have might have a conflict with the iGPU Quick Sync libraries. Have you installed some form of Intel Media SDK? To my knowledge the Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. You've got a series of Quick Sync encoders associated with that package installed that may be causing some issue for PD.

You can always contact CL support.

Jeff

Just because I'm super stubborn, I uninstalled Director Suite completely and reinstalled, no difference. I could not find Intel Media SDK installed on the system (through the Windows add/remove, or REVO uninstaller, which goes deeper). The only thing I could find is in the regedit under Intel there is a Media SDK folder. Images attached. Is this what you were indicating?
[Thumb - intel1.jpg]
 Filename
intel1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - intel2.jpg]
 Filename
intel2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just because I'm super stubborn, I uninstalled Director Suite completely and reinstalled, no difference. I could not find Intel Media SDK installed on the system (through the Windows add/remove, or REVO uninstaller, which goes deeper). The only thing I could find is in the regedit under Intel there is a Media SDK folder. Images attached. Is this what you were indicating?

As mentioned prior, I'm not surprised with the uninstall/reinstall of DS having no effect on this issue.

Correct, Intel Media SDK will not be in Windows add/remove, it comes with its own uninstaller in the installed path. I'm not implying this is the issue, however, I do believe you have something conflicting with the iGPU driver Quick Sync libraries that PD21 uses and this could be one of many potential conflicts.

Did the HP iGPU driver installer offer a clean install option? If it does and one clicks the checkbox to execute a clean installation, the install will remove all old drivers and restores Intel settings to the default values. This may help.

Jeff
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Correct, Intel Media SDK will not be in Windows add/remove, it comes with its own uninstaller in the installed path. I'm not implying this is the issue, however, I do believe you have something conflicting with the iGPU driver Quick Sync libraries that PD21 uses and this could be one of many potential conflicts.

-- When I didn't see this in Programs or in the Revo Uninstaller, I did some Googling and that is what led me to looking for an uninstaller (which I didn't find). The only place I can find anything to do with "Intel Media SDK" was in the regedit - the screen shots in my last post.

Did the HP iGPU driver installer offer a clean install option? If it does and one clicks the checkbox to execute a clean installation, the install will remove all old drivers and restores Intel settings to the default values. This may help.

-- HP prompted me to download their installer, and I don't recall any options for a clean install. I will try to see if I can roll back and maybe there will be an option.
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, unfortunately, a clean install of the iGPU drivers didn't help either. I found another threadhere with someone having the same issue a couple years ago. They also talk about the regedit and resetting to '0'.

As many times as I've produced this error in trying to fix it, this registry never changes from all zeros (since the first time I did it back at the start of this thread). At this point I'm ready to quit trying - but it is beyond frustrating.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well, unfortunately, a clean install of the iGPU drivers didn't help either. I found another threadhere with someone having the same issue a couple years ago. They also talk about the regedit and resetting to '0'.

As many times as I've produced this error in trying to fix it, this registry never changes from all zeros (since the first time I did it back at the start of this thread). At this point I'm ready to quit trying - but it is beyond frustrating.

I don't believe that thread is the same issue. There are plenty of occurrences through many years that the regedit hack works, but that's when a specific profile was working, then upon a crash during produce the "1" flag is retained. Upon next use, one gets the error. So usually only a few profiles get corruption, for your referenced user, just MP4 container but not M2TS. As mentioned prior in item "2" many posts back, since you implied all H.264 resolutions affected, not likely this value of non-zero is the issue. Additionally, you also said all MPEG-2 profiles have the same issue.

Unfortunately, that error is rather generic from CL and occurs for a multitude of reasons. In your case, I don't believe PD is ever initiating the Quick Sync encoding process. Something is failing prior to the process ever initiating so the "1" flag is never written. The flag is set to 1 when encoding of the profile is properly initiated and stays 1 during encoding and returned to 0 upon successful competition of the encoding process.

Too bad about a clean install not working, my guess is still the same, a conflict on your PC with the Quick Sync encoding dll's and this does not allow PD to initiate a Quick Sync encoding process so it affects all supported profiles, be it H.264 or MPEG-2.

Contact CL support for resolution. To be honest, your HD4600 is 2013 Quick Sync version 3 encoding technology and really is no huge step forward. Just use CPU encoding.

Jeff
Cindy5230 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Contact CL support for resolution. To be honest, your HD4600 is 2013 Quick Sync version 3 encoding technology and really is no huge step forward. Just use CPU encoding.

Jeff

I totally agree about it not being a big difference, it was (and is) more a case of not understanding why it won't work when it should. Here's a new thing: I had been trying all the 'fixes' with the same type of media in my timeline (an mp4), but with new projects every time. On a whim, I decided to try an mkv file and... it worked. I exported a successful mp4 using the Quick Sync. I then imported that video and exported it... again it worked. Chose another mp4 file, no joy. And then an avi file, no joy. Found another mkv and.... it worked.