Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Surveillance Footage and Motion Detect
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I realise this does not directly involve PD, but thought I'd ask anyway. (I do use PD14)

I wondered if anyone could point me toward software that will make the job of sorting surveillance footage into "movement only" portions. I have approx 400 hours to view.

I have seen mention of software on the internet, some of which claims to be able to "separate & save" movement from static - which would be fantastic.

Unfortunately, that software seems to be "command-line" operated, or simply for Linux. (a) I am not clever enough for the first, and (b) run Windows7 for the second.

All helpful suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you,

Ian
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I'd assume you've tried "Detect Scenes..." and changed sensitivity in PD14 without success?

I've used DVR-Scan with reasonable success. It is CLI, but the commands are very easy. I thought someone wrote a GUI for it, but I can't locate.

Jeff
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'd assume you've tried "Detect Scenes..." and changed sensitivity in PD14 without success?

I've used DVR-Scan with reasonable success. It is CLI, but the commands are very easy. I thought someone wrote a GUI for it, but I can't locate.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks for this advice and info.

Yes, I have tried Detect scenes, AND virtually every other function, and combination of functions, contained in PD - all without success.

I am amazed that, with the billions of CCTV cameras in use in the world today, and the amount of associated footage reviewing, that there isn't a greater number of "Detection" software available. Sadly, I'm too long in the tooth now, but what an opportunity for a good programmer??

Ian