Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shadow files are not created - in PD 365 (2721 and newer)
petr-ape [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2017 16:12 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 365 stopped creating shadow files after updating to version 2721 and 2812.
While loading project information, the program creates only one shadow file. After opening the project, the files are no longer created.
Any change in program settings has no effect on this.
Deleting temporary files will not bring the desired result too.
Is it a bug?

I am attaching a screenshot.

Thansk for answer.
[Thumb - screenshot.png]
 Filename
screenshot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
447 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2023 16:33

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PowerDirector 365 stopped creating shadow files after updating to version 2721 and 2812.
While loading project information, the program creates only one shadow file. After opening the project, the files are no longer created.
Any change in program settings has no effect on this.
Deleting temporary files will not bring the desired result too.
Is it a bug?

I am attaching a screenshot.

Thansk for answer.

Hi,

Can you check with a new clean project, if the sample files will generate shadow files in all resolution options?
Can you also provide the framerate for your files?

On a quick test, shadow file generation is working fine with sample files (and others at 29.97fps) for me, but not for files @59.94 fps. This is only a quick test, not comprehensive and I haven't investigated more fully, so I would like confirmation from anyone else as well.

Going back to my copy of PDR365 Business 2401 does not have the issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
petr-ape [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2017 16:12 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I'm from Europe, so I use PAL mode when shooting videos, i.e. frequency 50p or 50i, 1920x1080 resolution. I tried set different kind of shadow files resolutions and no results.

I recignized the instability of PDhanumansvr.exe in the windows task manager today morning. I tried to make changes in the settings of my graphics card and also set compatibility for this program to Windows 7 (I use Win10). After restarting the PD, the shadow files are created. So solved.
But it could be an incentive for the next update of the program.
[Post New]
Hi,

Can you check with a new clean project, if the sample files will generate shadow files in all resolution options?
Can you also provide the framerate for your files?

On a quick test, shadow file generation is working fine with sample files (and others at 29.97fps) for me, but not for files @59.94 fps. This is only a quick test, not comprehensive and I haven't investigated more fully, so I would like confirmation from anyone else as well.

Going back to my copy of PDR365 Business 2401 does not have the issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi! Since last update PD365 does not make shadow files too.

Sándor

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 20. 2023 15:11