Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AI Module Installation Failure
ThirdVariant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2023 09:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever I attempt to download an AI module, I'm presented with an error message "PhotoDirector could not download the necessary module" at the end of the download.

How do I fix?
[Thumb - Screenshot 2023-04-14 043937.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2023-04-14 043937.png
[Disk]
 Description
Error dialogue
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

You can try reinstalling PhotoDIrector or contact CyberLink support for assistance:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
Lawaho [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2022 23:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have same problem..my AI modules will download to 60% then stop saying the same thing yours does.
I ReInstalled and still same problem..no luck on web search to.
I did find my computer was using DirectX 10 and not ver 11 so upgraded to 12. Still no luck.
I know the AI modules rely on DirectX 11.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Downloading any module takes only a second or two on my gigabit internet connection, and CL's servers are curently working fine.

Maybe see if running the 2 commands in this post help. If not, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide so we can see the technical details of your system.
rvrmrsci [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2018 11:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem for me. I let the "download" spin for 45 minutes with no progress, but when cancel I get "error message "PhotoDirector could not download the necessary module".

PhotoDirector version 14.8.2023.0 (64-bit)

I included DxDiag output if any help.

Is there anyway to manually download?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
73 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No, everything has to be done through the app. You can try uninstalling then reinstalling PhD as that might clear up the issue.

As for your DxDiag results, I don't see anything directly related to this problem but I can recommend two things:

1) Your GPU (video) driver is 3.5 years old and you may want to update it to the latest version (June 2023) directly from Intel. You may instead want to use the Driver Assistant tool to scan your system for other outdated Intel drivers.

2) The Windows Error Reports at the end show a number of crashes across many different apps, and often those are caused by problems with Windows' system core files. Try the steps here after you've uninstalled PhD and before you reinstall it.