Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 22 Ultra stops playing BluRays after reboot
間瀬流 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2023 22:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

i have an very weird issue.

Everytime i reboot my System (Windows 11), i have to re-install PowerDVD to play BluRays

The Software itself does work and is able to play local files, but when i play an BluRay, it says "Reading BluRay Dism" and the progress bar moves from 0 to 100, but i can hear that the BluRay Player does nothing. When the disk stops spinning and i click play, he even doesn't spin the disk up while the progress bar is going on.

When the progress bar reaches 100%, he just does nothing and goes back to the main window.

When i re-install PowerDVD, everything works fine and flawless, until i do a reboot. As soon i reboot my system, the capability in playing BluRay i gone again.

Any help highly appriciated.

The System is an AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with 64GB of RAM, so the requirements should be met (and after an re-install, it does work perfectly too)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2023 22:29

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
It seems the Blu-ray playback function got killed every time after you reboot Windows.

Do you install any antivirus or security software additionally?

Try uninstall them temporarily and then reinstall powerdvd and play blu-rays without the antivirus software.
And, see if the antivirus is the cause that kills the blu-ray feature whenever reboot Windows.

Windows 11 has its own native antivirus service if you have uninstalled your non-Microsoft antivirus software.

Or, contact cyberlink for help.
間瀬流 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2023 22:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It seems the Blu-ray playback function got killed every time after you reboot Windows.

Do you install any antivirus or security software additionally?

Try uninstall them temporarily and then reinstall powerdvd and play blu-rays without the antivirus software.
And, see if the antivirus is the cause that kills the blu-ray feature whenever reboot Windows.

Windows 11 has its own native antivirus service if you have uninstalled your non-Microsoft antivirus software.

Or, contact cyberlink for help.

Hi there,

thanks for the reply.

I have not installed any antivirus or other security software.

I made a short video to highlight this issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nNUqHezWP3XyaGwJ9

Does PowerDVD have an logfile somewhere i could check to see what its doing?
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

As the user suggested, your best bet is to contact CyberLink Technical Support about issue:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
Paul62852 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 18:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi there,

i have an very weird issue.

Everytime i reboot my System (Windows 11), i have to re-install PowerDVD to play BluRays

The Software itself does work and is able to play local files, but when i play an BluRay, it says "Reading BluRay Dism" and the progress bar moves from 0 to 100, but i can hear that the BluRay Player does nothing. When the disk stops spinning and i click play, he even doesn't spin the disk up while the progress bar is going on.

When the progress bar reaches 100%, he just does nothing and goes back to the main window.

When i re-install PowerDVD, everything works fine and flawless, until i do a reboot. As soon i reboot my system, the capability in playing BluRay i gone again.

Any help highly appriciated.

The System is an AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with 64GB of RAM, so the requirements should be met (and after an re-install, it does work perfectly too)

I have a similar issue except it started spontaneously without a reboot. It continues now, but I will unistall/reinstall to see if my problem mirrors yours.