Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Solved - How do I insert a new video clip to start of timeline without changing my timeline markers?
Lex8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2023 13:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm having trouble adding a clip to the start of my timeline. I don't want my original timeline markers to be thrown off. Is there a way to lock the timeline or have the markers readjust to the times so they stay at the start of the clips I want them to? Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 19. 2023 16:05

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, I'm having trouble adding a clip to the start of my timeline. I don't want my original timeline markers to be thrown off. Is there a way to lock the timeline or have the markers readjust to the times so they stay at the start of the clips I want them to? Thanks.

If you use Clip Marker, they will stay and move with clip position when you add content at the start of timeline. If you've used Timeline Marker, they are set at a specific timeline timecode and will not move when you add content at the start of timeline, they will stay at the same timecode.

No PD20 automatic way of turning Timeline Markers to Clip Markers other than selecting each Timeline Marker and defining a Clip Marker for the associated clip at the same timeline location.

Jeff
Lex8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2023 13:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

If you use Clip Marker, they will stay and move with clip position when you add content at the start of timeline. If you've used Timeline Marker, they are set at a specific timeline timecode and will not move when you add content at the start of timeline, they will stay at the same timecode.

No PD20 automatic way of turning Timeline Markers to Clip Markers other than selecting each Timeline Marker and defining a Clip Marker for the associated clip at the same timeline location.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff for the reply; How do I get clip markers instead then?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you Jeff for the reply; How do I get clip markers instead then?

Have the timeline scrubber at desired location, right click on the clip and use the Clip Marker > Add Clip Marker...

Jeff