Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Ducking don't work after today's update
[Post New]
I launched the application today and installed some updates. Unfortunately, the Audio Ducking feature is not loading. It worked perfectly yesterday. I use that with every single clip. Any ideas?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I see the same problem when trying to access the tool from the right-click pop-up menu, so the best thing to do is to submit a ticket to CL tech support so they can verify the issue and have engineering fix it.

If you're lucky, they'll relaese a hotfix through the forum moderator that will restore the functionality. That's a lot quicker than waiting for the next regular update.

You can reach them here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2023 14:29

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As they've just changed the way to access various tools, I did some more checking and found that the new way - but only the new way - works.

To access Audio Ducking the new way, select the clip then click on the new Edit button that appears at the top of the timeline. From the new panel that appears, click on the Audio tab and then on Audio Ducking. The 4 steps in the sequence are shown below

[Post New]
Quote As they've just changed the way to access various tools, I did some more checking and found that the new way - but only the new way - works.

To access Audio Ducking the new way, select the clip then click on the new Edit button that appears at the top of the timeline. From the new panel that appears, click on the Audio tab and then on Audio Ducking. The 4 steps in the sequence are shown below

Thanks. You're a Star! Usually, I right-click one audio track and picked Audio Ducking. They've changed everything, but I don't really care where it is as long it works. Thanks again!
optodata
[Post New]
I'm just glad there was a workaround! I've just reported the issue on ticket CS002625291
optodata
[Post New]
Just an update that CL tech support confirmed the issue and they've forwarded it to engineering for review.
adodgyworld [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2018 12:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for this work arouond. Really helps me a lot. Awesome.
optodata
[Post New]
I just checked this issue in the most recent version (21.4.2812), and Audio Ducking is again working if you right click on the clip. Make sure you update PD from the CL App Manager.