Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I need back the 'Smart' timeline bar?
Héctor F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2023 23:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It's hard to explain this, I'll try: you see, I use subtitles a lot, and I also work a lot on timing the picture to specific moments in the milliseconds of the audio, for eye-pleasing editing (music videos).

I've used earlier versions of powerdirector where when leaving the timeline in a specific place, and then going to a clip or effect and dragging it to the same position where you left the timeline before, this little bar would turn blue, and it would automatically fit in the same place where I had left it before.

As of this version I can no longer do that, and I must manually adjust any objects on the timeline. Which makes it much more difficult to be as precise as before, since it was more intuitive.

Is there a way to get that function back? It really was very useful to me, and it saved me a lot of time editing.

Thank you!

(I'll atach an image, so you can have an idea of what I'm talking about)

(And yes, I know what a time marker is, please, don't make me use that thing)
[Thumb - 860f4975b844ab1c2f53d6d822051d38.png]
 Filename
860f4975b844ab1c2f53d6d822051d38.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 11. 2023 23:44

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It actually sounds like the Snap-to-clip option might have been disabled. Double check this menu option:

Héctor F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2023 23:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I appreciate your answer friend, but it wasn't exactly that.
It's similar, when you leave the red line and grab an object, let's say it's left as an 'invisible' line which made it easier to place items in the position where your red line was previously.
<div id="gtx-trans" style="position: absolute; left: -64px; top: -30px;"><div class="gtx-trans-icon"> </div></div>

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 03. 2023 10:24

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I see that working as expected in PD365 (21). The only exception is if the scrubber is in ahead of the subtitle and then you click on the clip, as then the scrubber jumps to the start of the subtitle. Otherwise the scrubber stays in place and other content can be places using that as a guide